Vikings Stadium Bricks

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Vikings Stadium Bricks

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium/bricks.html

*Mods, feel free to move this topic if you want to.*

So, apparently, us fans have the ability to buy pieces of the stadium. One can scribe their own writing on the bricks as well.

I thought it was cool. You can be a part of history. Then again, it is just a brick and it is a lot of money. I am not sure if I want to spend the money right now or not.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings Stadium Bricks

Post by 808vikingsfan »

In the Vikings reddit forum, someone bought a brick and i believe he put the name of their forum on it.

Thought to myself VMB should come together and buy one. Maybe Cliff could start a paypal donation and any leftover could help offset his time and expenses along with mr. Kansas Viking himself.

Just a thought.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

That sounds cool but I wouldn't feel right taking donations for something that I would be the one to keep in the end.

If the board made any kind of money I'd use it to pay out for conests and such, I think, maybe put actual prizes behind the pick 4 or something. Maybe add some new functionaliy to the site (though I can't think of what right now).

The expenses are actually quite minimal. I aleady had a personal website that I pay yearly for anyway and i was just able to tack on the board for no extra cost. The domain expenses are about $30 a year and GLG renewed it until about 2019 before he transfered control to me. Technically the time of the staff would be the most 'expensive' piece we have ... but we all volenteer our time :)

Finally, Kansas Viking no longer maintains this site at all. He just links from his webpage to here and posts from time to time.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote:That sounds cool but I wouldn't feel right taking donations for something that I would be the one to keep in the end.

If the board made any kind of money I'd use it to pay out for conests and such, I think, maybe put actual prizes behind the pick 4 or something. Maybe add some new functionaliy to the site (though I can't think of what right now).

The expenses are actually quite minimal. I aleady had a personal website that I pay yearly for anyway and i was just able to tack on the board for no extra cost. The domain expenses are about $30 a year and GLG renewed it until about 2019 before he transfered control to me. Technically the time of the staff would be the most 'expensive' piece we have ... but we all volenteer our time :)

Finally, Kansas Viking no longer maintains this site at all. He just links from his webpage to here and posts from time to time.
Volunteer?!?! I always assumed I'd get some equity when we IPO this cash cow!

808, I like the idea but it doesn't allow websites so how are the Reddit guys doing it?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Volunteer?!?! I always assumed I'd get some equity when we IPO this cash cow!

808, I like the idea but it doesn't allow websites so how are the Reddit guys doing it?

I thought we all got paid to post. Poor Jim and his 30k posts...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: Volunteer?!?! I always assumed I'd get some equity when we IPO this cash cow!

I think as long as you don't put a web address? I'm not sure. We might get away with VMB or VikingsMessageBoard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... scription/
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I ended purchasing the 4 X 8 brick - the cheapest option. I paid homage to the tradition my father and I have of going to Viking games.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.