Vikes sign behemoth OL Babatunde Aiyegbusi

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rieux
Franchise Player

Vikes sign behemoth OL Babatunde Aiyegbusi

Post by Rieux »

Vikings.com article here.

I think this is awesome. The guy is tremendously raw, and as a result he will very possibly wash out (or, if he's a bit more fortunate, end up on the practice squad), but having him on the 90-man camp roster seems like a terrific idea to me.

If nothing else, it'll be fun to see him in the preseason games. I want to see some Steeler fourth-string DE get brutally pancaked late in the game in Canton....
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Vikes sign behemoth OL Babatunde Aiyegbusi

Post by jackal »

I am not so sure he does not make the squad, as a back up at least..

I would love to see him on jumbo line packages.. Try and block him and Loadholt on a wedge :smilevike:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I have always wondered... why don't teams line up guys like Loadholt (6'8") in the middle of the defensive line on FG tries? All they have to do is jump a little and they would block the kick... right?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Shoot the guy is probably able to touch 9-10 Feet with no jump at all
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I have always wondered... why don't teams line up guys like Loadholt (6'8") in the middle of the defensive line on FG tries? All they have to do is jump a little and they would block the kick... right?
They do, Kalil has a few blocks.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The other deal I had was, line up two tackles and bring another in motion to smash block
the edge defender and run a back behind OT Harris or BAPS (Half a ton of blocking)
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Being of SKI decent I whole heartedly agree with the signing. Can we teach Kalil to say Dziekuje? Which means "thank you" in Polish? LOL
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

S197 wrote: They do, Kalil has a few blocks.

then why didn't they use Joe Webb for that purpose. The guy was tall and could obviously leap? Waste of athleticism. That guy could have been useful somewhere.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Great big dude that seems to hustle, at least in this highlight film. I would love to see him stomp Clay Mathews and Jarrad Allen into the ground! :evil:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... -standards
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple bruise wrote:Great big dude that seems to hustle, at least in this highlight film. I would love to see him stomp Clay Mathews and Jarrad Allen into the ground! :evil:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... -standards
Yeah for sure. The guy blocks better downfield than any linemen I've seen in a long time. He reminds me of Michael Oher in the "Blind Side" when he blocks a guy right out of the stadium :lol:

Overall though, I really like this signing. He looks to be very athletic for his size. Moves very well. I could defintely see him making the roster as a swing tackle.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The Polish Skyscraper has to make the team. We need characters. He looks like a character to me. :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

It does look like he is a good run blocker, but it makes me wonder just how much smaller are the guys he is blocking. I hope it works out, it would be a fun story.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Norv Zimmer wrote:It does look like he is a good run blocker, but it makes me wonder just how much smaller are the guys he is blocking. I hope it works out, it would be a fun story.
Me too. One thing that may be comforting: Davidson was there to watch him work out and do the drills. If he thought he was a lost cause I don't think he would've gave his recommendation to Rick to make the guy an offer (and it was a fairly quick turnaround from what I understand from workout to offer sheet). Just trying to read the tea leaves but that gives me at least some comfort that he's someone that has potential.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: Me too. One thing that may be comforting: Davidson was there to watch him work out and do the drills. If he thought he was a lost cause I don't think he would've gave his recommendation to Rick to make the guy an offer (and it was a fairly quick turnaround from what I understand from workout to offer sheet). Just trying to read the tea leaves but that gives me at least some comfort that he's someone that has potential.
His foundation of size and athleticism will make coaches drool. Will he become anything? Probably not, but its good to give him a try, and turn over every stone.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

This guy reminds me a whole lot of former Viking David Dixon. Although not as big (still pretty damn large) Dixon started out playing in New Zealand and had a stellar career for the Vikings. Anything is possible he played for 11 years with them. :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.