VIKINGS STADIUM CENTER

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

BudGrant82
Waterboy

VIKINGS STADIUM CENTER

Post by BudGrant82 »

Hi,

I will be travelling to Minneapolis in April and am wondering if anyone knows if the new Vikings Stadium Preview Center is open to the public yet... last I heard it was only open to season ticket holders but that was almost a year ago...

Hope someone can help me out!

Thanks
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: VIKINGS STADIUM CENTER

Post by dead_poet »

BudGrant82 wrote:Hi,

I will be travelling to Minneapolis in April and am wondering if anyone knows if the new Vikings Stadium Preview Center is open to the public yet... last I heard it was only open to season ticket holders but that was almost a year ago...

Hope someone can help me out!

Thanks
Hi Bud. That's a good question. It may depend on when you visit. Sounds like if you want to pay $100 you can be put on a waitlist for an appointment for a tour (which began March 16) but it may not be open to the general public until the end of April.
The preview center has hosted more than 34,000 people in its first year, the Vikings said. Fans who sign up for the new stadium wait list can begin selecting their seats on March 16. Current season ticket holders have already begun selecting their seats, and the general public will have the opportunity to do so at the end of April.
http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikin ... ew-stadium

Additional information: http://newstadiumpreviewcenter.com/login.php

Fans with additional questions can call 612-33-VIKES to speak with a new stadium representative.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Sometimes after I get done with work (I work downtown), I take a different way home so I can drive by the stadium. I don't know much about the stadium preview deal, but I would highly recommend going to see the actual thing. It's a sight to behold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

It looks like one wall will pivot open with huge glass sections ...

I can't wait to see it.. I am going to try and make the home opener next year
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I saw that the last crane was being taken apart now, because all the main roof supports are connected.

I'm guessing shortly after the season begins, the roof will be done and they will focusing everything else.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:I saw that the last crane was being taken apart now, because all the main roof supports are connected.

I'm guessing shortly after the season begins, the roof will be done and they will focusing everything else.
It's going to be a unique stadium. I'm looking forward to actually seeing a game there.

I wish they had gone for a retractable roof though...
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: It's going to be a unique stadium. I'm looking forward to actually seeing a game there.

I concur, and ill actually take it a step farther and say that I think the Vikings should be a completely outdoor team.

The concept art for your guys new stadium looks like a mega million dollar ice skating rink. :lol:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
denburch
All Pro Elite Player

Post by denburch »

Mothman wrote: It's going to be a unique stadium. I'm looking forward to actually seeing a game there.

I agree! People thought Zygi was joking when he mentioned having a retractable roof, then opening it when it snowed, but I don't think so. He wanted that competitive advantage that the classic Purple People Eaters always had. {Sigh} I am excited about the new stadium, though, and am planning to take my Dad there for a game next year.
It's time to take back what was rightfully ours in '98....and '09!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If they want to make it cold, can't they just open the big swinging doors on the side?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:If they want to make it cold, can't they just open the big swinging doors on the side?
I doubt it. There are rules that statebwhen a retractable roof has to be closed for certain weather, so i assume this falls under a similar category.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Any more word on what happened to this guy?

I'm assuming their going to go after him, for the trespassing and such.

http://deadspin.com/an-illicit-tour-of- ... 1711425884
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

US Bank Stadium on Madden NFL 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=57&v=zY8ReOvFtHg
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.