Vikings probably not on Hard Knocks

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Vikings probably not on Hard Knocks

Post by dead_poet »

There was some speculation the Vikings may be on the show. Sounds unlikely.
@TomPelissero Mike Zimmer has been on Hard Knocks three times. Says it great for the fans. Would #Vikings volunteer? "This is not the right situation."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings probably not on Hard Knocks

Post by nightowl »

They may not volunteer for it, but if nobody else signs up the league can force a team to do it if they meet certain criteria. Unfortunately the Vikes meet the criteria to be forced to do it. Not saying they'll be the team the league picks, but they're in the discussion if it comes to that.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Lol. It is like the NFL doesn't even realize what makes them a multi-billion dollar business - the fans.

The NFL wouldn't be #### without the fans. This show is for the fans, and yet, all the time, there is whining by an NFL team when they are approached for Hard Knocks. I am glad Goddell (his one big accomplishment) forces a team to do Hard Knocks, but still, you cannot help but wonder if there happens to be a forced team this year and what that would mean for show quality. I think it would dilute the show.

Honestly, the show isn't going to divulge the team's master-secret-hidden plan or anything. Sure, it can be a bit of distraction to have cameras with the show, but training camp is still training camp. Every team is still allowed to accomplish their goals with the Hard Knocks crew around. In fact, from what I have heard, the show is very respectful of each team's privacy.

My gripe isn't necessarily just with Minnesota, but the NFL teams in general. I don't buy their BS about how the show is a quote on quote, "major distraction." Hard Knocks is essentially an extended media outlet. Last time I checked, I am fairly certain that the NFL allows at least some media access to pretty much all of training camp.

TL;DR = NFL teams are ungrateful and Hard Knocks is awesome.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PFT posted that the Browns are the front runners right now, but there's no way of knowing how accurate that is
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

DK Sweets wrote:PFT posted that the Browns are the front runners right now, but there's no way of knowing how accurate that is
I thought I read a headline on ESPN that said because of the Manziel situation that they wouldn't do it.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Texas Vike wrote: I thought I read a headline on ESPN that said because of the Manziel situation that they wouldn't do it.
It was reported they would prefer not to and Manziel was a "consideration" in that decision.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

They can't say no, and the Manziel situation could be a big reason why they would be seen as "great TV".
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

DK Sweets wrote:They can't say no, and the Manziel situation could be a big reason why they would be seen as "great TV".
The same could be said for the Peterson situation, no?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote: The same could be said for the Peterson situation, no?
I don't think so. If he's here during camp I assume things will be fine and he wouldn't be stupid enough to bad mouth the organization on camera. If he's not here, then it's a non-issue. Manziel should be in camp fighting for a starting job, which should make for better TV/more interesting story line I suppose. He should be clean and antic-free/boring if all goes according to plan.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would say no; because it would other teams more insight into our development and personnel.

I know they limit that side of it, but IMO its a big distraction from the goal of camp and the off season.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!