Breaking Down Jarius Wright's Growing Role

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Breaking Down Jarius Wright's Growing Role

Post by dead_poet »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2408 ... gs-offense
Though Wright may have difficulty making the large changes needed to provide additional value to the Vikings, like providing reliable possession options, he may be able to take small steps that can slowly build towards adding that element to his game. Sinking his hips later in route and more often while running may provide additional acceleration out of the stem, as would adding one or two moves to get off of jams at the line of scrimmage.

Wright will see more routes and targets next year. It will just look a little different than what we're used to seeing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Breaking Down Jarius Wright's Growing Role

Post by losperros »

Interesting article. I love Wright's blazing speed and athleticism, and hope he can become a more rounded receiver. What's weird is that this article probably gives some insight to the things Patterson is also working on. Both these guys can be real weapons for the Vikings.

It's fascinating how many fundamentals a player must comprehend to be a good pro WR.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Breaking Down Jarius Wright's Growing Role

Post by jackal »

I watched the Chargers a lot when Norm was there .
His offense is about stretching the field and creating space.
I think he run slants pulling away from center. Hooks and
draw backs. Peterson would benefit from as would all
the receivers.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!