New Jersey?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

SkolUK
Waterboy

New Jersey?

Post by SkolUK »

Just got into the NFL this year as I live in the UK, just wondering how often the teams update the jersey? I want to get one, but I'm wondering if I should wait in case a new one is released. I know our 'soccer' teams release one each season (at great expense to fans).

Cheers
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: New Jersey?

Post by Mothman »

The Vikings changed their uniforms in 2013 and if I'm not mistaken, NFL rules prohibit another change for 5 years after an change. Consequently, we're a minimum of 3 years from another change and NFL teams sometimes stick with a uniform much, much longer than 5 years so the Vikings may not change their jerseys for quite some time.

In other words, go ahead and get that jersey!

Jim
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

They actually don't change too dramatically very often generally. Nike recently took over and that changed it a bit more than normal.

The players probably change more often than the overall design.
SkolUK
Waterboy

Post by SkolUK »

Thanks! That seems like a much better way to do things, now just have to decide who I want on my back, so to speak :thumbsup:
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Welcome SKOLUK :)

Fellow Uk fan here :v):

My next Jersey will be a Harrison Smith Limited :rock:
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I would get Barr or Bridgewater.
I got Barr!
SkolUK
Waterboy

Post by SkolUK »

LondonViking wrote:Welcome SKOLUK :)

Fellow Uk fan here :v):

My next Jersey will be a Harrison Smith Limited :rock:
Yeah, I think I've narrowed it down to Teddy, Smith, Barr or Griffen. Are you going to the Wembley matches this year?
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I would definitely go with Smith or Griffen. Solid young players that aren't going anywhere for a while.

If you're looking for an offensive player, Teddy is your best bet, but sometimes it's best to wait until they "arrive" so to speak. That said, I had a Peterson jersey before he took his first snap, so if you feel confident, pull the trigger.
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

SkolUK wrote: Yeah, I think I've narrowed it down to Teddy, Smith, Barr or Griffen. Are you going to the Wembley matches this year?
Yeah will be there as usual in my Smith alt jersey booing at the cheeseheads that roll up in their Rodgers shirts :smilevike:

You going?

But yeah Smith, Teddy, Barr or Griff for me. Also Rhodes and Floyd worth considering if you like them :)
Last edited by LondonViking on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

New Jersey?

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm confused. The Vikings nor the Packers play in London this year. The Lions do, though. Are you guys going for the community atmosphere of the game or did you think the Vikings were returning?

(I honestly know very little about the London Series, I'm sorry if my questions seem ridiculous.)
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Yeah I know we are not playing but I was there to see AD gash the steeler d-line a few years ago :rock:

I go just to see live games and have some fun with other fans of the sport. Its more of a nfl community feel sort of thing over here where lots of fans go and represent their colours. Lots of banter between sets of fans normally also but all in good fun normally :thumbsup:

Sadly they seem obsessed with dumping the jags on us yearly tho but at least get to see Cassel, Felton again this year
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Apologies for my posts its early over here and my typing is terrible and error laden at this time. Bring on the caffeine :shock:
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Heh-- I thought maybe this was a thread about a new NFL team in New Jersey or something :-).
Craig S
SkolUK
Waterboy

Post by SkolUK »

Even though the Vikes won't be there, it's a good opportunity to see the game live. So lots of fans go regardless of who is playing. Hopefully the Vikings come again soon (though I'm not sure if you guys over there would be too keen if it means losing a home game).

Apologies for the confusion in the title too! I was more concerned with what the U.S fans call the jersey (we would say strip here), so didn't even register that I'd just named a state :rofl:

P.S- couldn't decide on one name, so I got a home jersey with Smith and and away one with Griffen! :v):
UKViking
Backup

Post by UKViking »

SkolUK wrote:P.S- couldn't decide on one name, so I got a home jersey with Smith and and away one with Griffen! :v):
Bloody hell mate, get me one n'all!

It's not like "soccer" or rugby where they change their designs every year so you should be safe ;)