WR Mike Wallace traded to Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

MusicCityViking
Backup

Re: WR Mike Wallace traded to Vikings

Post by MusicCityViking »

@GoesslingESPN: Mike Wallace said the "cold factor" played into his decision to play in Miami over Minnesota two years ago.
@GoesslingESPN: Wallace: "It was palm trees vs. trees with no leaves. But that was then; this is now." Joked that our current warm weather is a trick.
D**n you Minnesota weather! :wallbang: :lol:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

MusicCityViking wrote: D**n you Minnesota weather! :wallbang: :lol:
No income tax in FL too. Wouldn't that be like taking a 9.7% pay cut coming to MIN?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Puddin'Taine
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Puddin'Taine »

Demi wrote:
Wasn't it already reported he was upset with the trade? Not sure how humbled someone is when less than 24 hours after the trade someone around him is already letting it out he wasn't too happy. Not sure you can humble these diva wide receivers...

..? I don't believe so. I live down here, like directly in the middle of Dolphins (nation? Territory?...Waters?) Drive right by the Dolphins training facility a couple times a week. And I haven't come across or read anything to that effect at all. (Definitely doesn't mean it's not true though) however Honestly I'm pretty he was the one who pulled the trigger, from what I understand he had one of the "gets a say in a team" things in contract and was sitting on the phone with us for a while the other day and it was right after he hung Up he said "Do it!"

Buy ya never know with these guys. It'd be interesting to find a little more about it though.
"He kept getting pies in the face and everyone thought it was so funny.I didn't think it was so funny.They should have eaten the pies instead of throwing them at each other If they were mad,why didn't they just knock the crap out of each other?"
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Watching some highlights of Wallace, he's going to look good in purple. I think we're all going to get Randy Moss flashbacks this season.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

808vikingsfan wrote:Watching some highlights of Wallace, he's going to look good in purple. I think we're all going to get Randy Moss flashbacks this season.
Randy Moss though? :lol:

Nah, Wallace will surprise a lot of people this year I think. He's got real game-breaking talent. I think the biggest concern is his attitude, but I would like to think that he's out to prove something. Not only prove Miami wrong, but prove he's still that same guy he was in Pittsburgh.

If it doesn't workout then they cut him and all is well. I saw a breakdown of his contract and it's impact if it weren't to work out in Minnesota and the hit is negligible.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

joe h wrote:Remember when you all laughed at me because I stated the obvious that old Rick has a hard on for anyone that has ever grown up in Florida, went to school there, or spent some time on one of their nfl teams....

This is just getting old. My brother is a steelers fan, the guy was a bum that just happened to fit into a good system. he looked like crap last year on a team light years ahead of what Spielman has pasted together.
So a team that won 1 more game than us last year without losing their best player was "light years" ahead of us. I'd love to hear the logic behind that
44crm
Backup

Post by 44crm »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Randy Moss though? :lol:

Nah, Wallace will surprise a lot of people this year I think. He's got real game-breaking talent. I think the biggest concern is his attitude, but I would like to think that he's out to prove something. Not only prove Miami wrong, but prove he's still that same guy he was in Pittsburgh.

If it doesn't workout then they cut him and all is well. I saw a breakdown of his contract and it's impact if it weren't to work out in Minnesota and the hit is negligible.
Thats great to hear, was worried we could take abpretty big hit from his contract since it supposedly has not changed.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mike Wallace is good, but comparing him to Randy Moss is ridiculous.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

44crm wrote: Thats great to hear, was worried we could take abpretty big hit from his contract since it supposedly has not changed.
Here we go. I found the article where I got that from:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/3/13/ ... lace-trade
Wallace, who will make $9,850,000 in 2015, is scheduled to make $11,450,000 in the last two years of his contract, 2016 and 2017. But all the guaranteed money is done after 2015, and there will be no dead money, and henceforth no cap penalty should the Vikings decide not to retain his services after this coming season.
Basically for Wallace, if he wants to keep his high salary, he'll need to ball out for the Vikings because if Minnesota cuts him, he won't get a contract that will pay him that salary anywhere. Going back to my original statement...I think he has something to prove and the Vikings will reap the benefits of that.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/M ... 124bf52a13
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... b3b17a7124
Seems like he is sincere. I think this move will be looked back on and people will say "what a great trade that was" :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

DK Sweets wrote:Mike Wallace is good, but comparing him to Randy Moss is ridiculous.

Picture him purple. Doesn't remind you a little of Moss? Looks like he has another gear. Maybe its just me. Maybe im just a little excited because the Vikings haven't had a deep threat for so long.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Purple bruise wrote:http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/M ... 124bf52a13
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... b3b17a7124
Seems like he is sincere. I think this move will be looked back on and people will say "what a great trade that was" :thumbsup:
I hope so. From what I've been reading he's digging the vibe in Minny so far.
And the contract details PNW posted really works for the Vikes as far as Wallace bringing it on the field.
It has potential either way....so thumbs up and see what happens.
--
I'll wager he's no Bernard Berrian
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Don't get me wrong, I think Wallace is talented and he could be a really good player for us, but Moss was a singular talent. Not only was Moss a burner but he was great at jumping up and getting the ball over a corner, and Wallace just doesn't have that height.
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

Yea Wallace has a second gear. Moss had a third, and sometimes fourth. Best wr ever. when he wanted.

Hopefully the pundits don't promote Wallace for fantasy reasons. Could be a great late pick in norvs offense.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

effin Randy Moss.
Another thing about that guy was his amazing footwork in the back of the endzone after catching a pass. His ability to get both feet down at full throttle was really something.
---
I can empathize with Wallace bringing up Moss memories though, just because he is a legit deep threat which we haven't really had save for 09 Rice.
--
I'll be super stoked if the kid can consistantly stretch the field and Teddy can find him when he's open. It will do so much for this offense.