Three Vikes make NFL.com's best players under 25

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Three Vikes make NFL.com's best players under 25

Post by John_Viveiros »

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000476297

Am I the only one still reading new stuff about the Vikes? This has been out for almost a week, and no one else has run with it, so...

The three listed here were pretty darn important positions - QB/DL/LB. Teddy, Sharrif, and Anthony Barr. Only the Cowboys had three also, with three OL's listed. I was a tad disappointed that Rhodes didn't make the list. He was a stud last year. Harrison Smith is a year too old.

I may be looking with purple-colored goggles, but the last time I saw a mediocre team put together this much young talent was when I was stuck in Texas in the early 1990's. This is how the Cowboys looked going into year three of Jimmy Johnson. Yes, they could have continued to be mediocre, but they could also get to be dominant pretty easily.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Three Vikes make NFL.com's best players under 25

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

John_Viveiros wrote:http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000476297

Am I the only one still reading new stuff about the Vikes? This has been out for almost a week, and no one else has run with it, so...

The three listed here were pretty darn important positions - QB/DL/LB. Teddy, Sharrif, and Anthony Barr. Only the Cowboys had three also, with three OL's listed. I was a tad disappointed that Rhodes didn't make the list. He was a stud last year. Harrison Smith is a year too old.

I may be looking with purple-colored goggles, but the last time I saw a mediocre team put together this much young talent was when I was stuck in Texas in the early 1990's. This is how the Cowboys looked going into year three of Jimmy Johnson. Yes, they could have continued to be mediocre, but they could also get to be dominant pretty easily.
Remember when people were saying Floyd was a bust last year? :v): It is nice to see these guys on here. But I must admit, Rhodes definitely deserves to be on that list. It's just he doesn't have the interceptions everyone looks at to warrant it
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I think we could easily have been a playoff team last year three or four plays or just one in like two of them and were talking
10-11 games won.. The lions lost Suh and Farily on DT and Bush .. The Bears are a mess ... I would n't be surprised if we don't
win 11 Games next season..The niners who we play are also falling apart and retiring
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

John_Viveiros wrote:http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000476297

That does sounds like a view expressed through the lenses of purple-colored goggles. :) However, that doesn't mean you're wrong. I'm just not sure I see anything that separates the Vikings current talent from that on dozens of other mediocre teams that have come and gone since Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys dominated the NFL.

That said, kudos to the 3 players who made that list. Hopefully, they're the foundation of a great future for the Vikings.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

TL;DR Superbowl?
44crm
Backup

Post by 44crm »

Is it just me or does it make no sense that Rhodes is not on that list?

I think Rhodes was one of the better corners in the league at his age when it comes to yards, receptions, and td's allowed against him. Maybe I am dreaming but I remember seeing an article on BR where they broke down all attempts against Rhodes for the year, and he was better than some big name corners out there.

I wish I could find this article...