Adrian Peterson Reinstated

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Adrian Peterson Reinstated

Post by DK Sweets »

chicagopurple wrote:AP got screwed?!?! Really?? He abused a little 5 yr old boy (one of a horde of illegitimate kids he has spawned then deserted), he blithely tells a detective that his is smoking dope, gets paid for a year to sit on his azz, he repetitively gets busted for driving like a mad man thru town at 90 mph, and spends months whining about how mistreated he feels......just another spoiled athlete thug.
You have to give him credit...he might still be saying he same thing, but he's starting to use his thesaurus first.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Adrian Peterson Reinstated

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Poor AD. He has suffered so much! Those mean Vikings!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Poor AD. He has suffered so much! Those mean Vikings!
What did that add to the conversation?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Vikings28
Starter

Post by Vikings28 »

The man speaks (through a reporter but still).....
Statement to me from Adrian Peterson: "The reason I'm not attending OTAs has nothing to do with wanting to be traded. It's about securing my future with the Vikings. It's business, not personal and I understand that firsthand. Go Vikings."
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smdh5h

He wants his contract guaranteed or maybe some more money. Lets see how this plays out.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote: What did that add to the conversation?
Its sarcasm. Or did you get that? There are some here who seem to think the child abuser is getting a raw deal. I feel like Zimmer. Play or dont. Im tired of hearing how he wants out of MN. Thats kinda where this convo has headed. Do you want me to go on?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Its sarcasm. Or did you get that? There are some here who seem to think the child abuser is getting a raw deal.
... and you seem to think that's impossible because he injured a child. What does one have to do with the other? Once a person commits a crime, is it impossible for that person to ever be treated unfairly again, to get a raw deal? Is he entitled to have any agenda of his own? Based on quite a few of the posts here, the answer seems to be no.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Vikings28 wrote:The man speaks (through a reporter but still).....

He wants his contract guaranteed or maybe some more money. Lets see how this plays out.
Thanks for the info.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Interesting. I wonder if they are restructuring his contract. I would be ok with that if it saved them some money going forward. I like how he said 'go Vikings' at the end.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: ... and you seem to think that's impossible because he injured a child. What does one have to do with the other? Once a person commits a crime, is it impossible for that person to ever be treated unfairly again, to get a raw deal? Is he entitled to have any agenda of his own? Based on quite a few of the posts here, the answer seems to be no.
I dont think he should be dictating anything to the Vikings. He's the one that screwed up, come and fulfill your contract and stfu about everything else. Every time the Vikings are mentioned for the past year, its about AD, and Im as sick of it as I am him. The Vikings didnt screw up, he did. If he feels the Vikes mistreated him, prove it. I think Zimmer and Rick will do the right thing, which is to make him play or fine him. But it would be nice to read the paper or hear ESPN news, with the Vikings being mentioned solely for AD. Like we somehow shafted him. Whats he going to do when he finds out he lost some fans, and his jersey stops selling? Blame us? I burnt mine, I really should demand my money back from him (whatever portion he gets), using his logic.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

chicagopurple wrote:AP got screwed?!?! Really?? He abused a little 5 yr old boy (one of a horde of illegitimate kids he has spawned then deserted), he blithely tells a detective that his is smoking dope, gets paid for a year to sit on his azz, he repetitively gets busted for driving like a mad man thru town at 90 mph, and spends months whining about how mistreated he feels......just another spoiled athlete thug.
Hated the entire tone of this post, but nah....You're wrong for that one. Get off your high horse.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Adrian Peterson's beef with the Vikings is now that he wants guaranteed money in 2016.

Peterson doesn't have any guaranteed money in his current deal. He wants the team to guarantee a chunk -- or perhaps all ($14.75 million) -- of his 2016 salary, when Peterson will be 31 years old. After paying Peterson his entire salary to play just one game in 2014, it wouldn't be surprising if the Vikings were a bit resistant to making him this commitment. Either way, it's now clear that this has become a money issue, and is therefore a very solvable problem.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Darren Wolfson @DWolfsonKSTP

Brzezinski has spoken w/ Peterson's camp very recently. No real movement on the #Vikings guaranteeing '16 salary. Maybe there never will be.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

GO VIKINGS!!!

sweet.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

For those of you who might want to hear a smart, informed, well-reasoned take on the Adrian Peterson situation, Tom Pelissero talks about it quite a bit on the new episode of his podcast, beginning around the 14 minute mark. Pretty much everything else prior to that is about the Vikes too so it's worth a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/1500espn/tomcast ... e-underway
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Funkytown wrote:
Just some thinking out loud on my end, but wouldn't it make more sense to try to low Adrian's cap number while guaranteeing some money in 2016? I mean, that way, the team can please Adrian while tackling his enormous cap hit. Why not convert his deal into a bonus and lower his cap number?

Just a thought.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The persistent request for guaranteed money makes me wonder if Peterson knows something about his body that we don't know.