Adrian Peterson Reinstated

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

MusicCityViking
Backup

Adrian Peterson Reinstated

Post by MusicCityViking »

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/708462
U.S. District Judge David Doty has granted the NFLPA's motion to lift the suspension of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, court records show.
No more waiting until April 15. The clock starts now to decide Peterson's future.
Last edited by MusicCityViking on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Adrian Peterson Reinstated

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Good, now we are closer to a resolution.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

WOOHOO!
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

Now we will see what happens! This will be interesting.

Sent from my Studio 5.0 HD LTE using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
Is this OUR year?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

MusicCityViking wrote:U.S. District Judge David Doty has granted the NFLPA's motion to lift the suspension of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, court records show.

No more waiting until April 15. The clock starts now to decide Peterson's future.

Please try to remember to include a link, Thanks.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... d-by-judge
Last edited by Purple bruise on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hang tight. The NFL can seek an injunction to keep him from being reinstated and taking it to circuit court. Would be tough to get a hearing date before 4/15, though.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Also important: I believe the Vikings can now openly communicate with him, which hopefully will go a long ways in resolving this matter in the best interest of Peterson and the team. Hopefully that's with Peterson satisfied and hungry to eat up yards and defenders stupid enough not to get out of the way.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I'm glad to hear that! I think the NFL was brazenly wrong in their handling. How that relates to the law I'm not sure, but I think its a just ruling.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote:I'm glad to hear that! I think the NFL was brazenly wrong in their handling. How that relates to the law I'm not sure, but I think its a just ruling.
Two things from what I've read so far:

1. The NFL overstepped its bounds
2. The ruling was procedural and it's frankly a little surprising the NFL has problems following its procedures.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

No matter when it was going to be, the crux of the matter is coming down to whether the Vikings will pay him his full salary this year, 12.75 million, counting for over 15 million towards the cap this year OR will AP take a pay cut which he already says that he doesn't think he should have to. :confused:
Or do they try to trade him or outright cut him? :confused:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Now the turds are about to hit the fan!! :shock:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Pay that man his money. It will help Teddy more than you can imagine to have AP in the backfield. Even if you only keep AP for this year. Its a huge year for TB and we don't need him to digress.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

The quickest way to address Peterson's "uneasiness" with playing for the Vikings is for Spielman to immediately call Ben Dogra and tell him he is authorized to contact other teams to solicit trade offers. The sooner Peterson understands how much of a pay cut he will be looking at if he is traded, the better it will be for all parties involved. Trades can commence on March 10 when free agency begins. Peterson's market value should be at its peak on March 10 and start declining shortly thereafter.

If Peterson doesn't want to play for less this year (probably a lot less) then he needs to get everyone in his camp to shut up about this absurd claim that the Vikings haven't supported him enough, and perhaps find a different agent to represent him. Maybe Spielman should have Brzezinski make that call to Dogra.
Last edited by Pseudo Everything on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Bigwehrm wrote:Pay that man his money. It will help Teddy more than you can imagine to have AP in the backfield. Even if you only keep AP for this year. Its a huge year for TB and we don't need him to digress.
Just cut Greenway, try to restructure Jennings and Robison. If someone gives up the world for Peterson make the deal and resign all our young guys to long term contracts.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@TomPelissero As of now, Adrian Peterson hasn't been reinstated. Federal judge rebuked arbitrator and sent case back to him. NFL reviewing ruling. If this goes back to Harold Henderson, though, hard to see how he upholds ban again after Doty ruling. Interested to see NFL response.