Adrian Peterson Reinstated

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

44crm
Backup

Re: Adrian Peterson (not) Reinstated

Post by 44crm »

fiestavike wrote: Evidently the vikings don't agree with you, or they would have picked up his option. He's donzo in MN after this season.
That is not a guarantee at all.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Nope no guarantee at all. It just means if he does play well once again he will demand much more money for the vikings or free agency.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Nope no guarantee at all. It just means if he does play well once again he will demand much more money for the vikings or free agency.

It means that there's a rather large flame under his backside.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:Evidently the vikings don't agree with you, or they would have picked up his option. He's donzo in MN after this season.
The Vikings have until May 3rd, the day after the draft is completed, to exercise the fifth year options on Kalil and Harrison Smith so you've drawn a premature conclusion.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: The Vikings have until May 3rd, the day after the draft is completed, to exercise the fifth year options on Kalil and Harrison Smith so you've drawn a premature conclusion.
Thats a fair point. :lol:

However! IF they don't pick up that option the odds of Kalil being here after this year are slim.

Thanks for the correction, I thought the date had already passed.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:Thats a fair point. :lol:
I thought so. ;)
However! IF they don't pick up that option the odds of Kalil being here after this year are slim.
It certainly wouldn't be a good sign but whether they pick up the option or not, I suspect his future with the team depends primarily on how he performs this season.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about his future with the Vikes based on whether they pick up his option or not. As a top ten pick, the price of Kalil's 5th year option would be determined the same way the transition tag price for a player is determined. In other words, his salary would be the average of the top ten highest salaries for players at his position during the previous year. The salary wouldn't be guaranteed until the first day of the 2016 league year so if they were disappointed by his performance this season, they could cut him with no financial loss. That makes it seem like a low-risk move so why not just exercise the option? It's only low risk if he stays healthy. If he suffered a serious injury in 2015, as Loadholt and Fusco both did last year, that 2016 salary would be guaranteed. I read that we're talking about $11.1 million in salary so it's not a no-brainer even if, at this point, they're thinking they will want him back next year.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Adrian Peterson Reinstated

Post by dead_poet »

@seankjensen #NFL announces that @AdrianPeterson has been reinstated. Bigger question: Now what?!
Full NFL release on Adrian Peterson's reinstatement:
Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings was advised today that effective tomorrow he is reinstated as an active NFL player and may participate in all scheduled activities with the Vikings.

In a letter from Commissioner Roger Goodell, Peterson was informed that he is expected to fulfill his remaining obligations to the authorities in Minnesota and Texas, as well as the additional commitments Peterson made during his April 7 meeting with the commissioner regarding maintaining an ongoing program of counseling and treatment as recommended by medical advisors.

Beyond the requirement to comply with his court obligations and plan of counseling, Peterson was reminded that his continuing participation in the NFL depends on his avoidance of any further conduct that violates the Personal Conduct Policy or other NFL policies. Any further violation of the Personal Conduct Policy by Peterson would result in additional discipline, which could include suspension without pay or banishment from the NFL.

Peterson was suspended without pay last November 18 for the remainder of the 2014 NFL season for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy in an incident of abusive discipline that he inflicted on his four-year-old son last May. Peterson pled no contest on November 4 in state court in Montgomery County, Texas to reckless assault of the child.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Now we wait.

Funny, nothing on google yet.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote:Now we wait.

Funny, nothing on google yet.

I just did a search and PFT has a story on it. It's basically just what dead_poet posted above.

As you said, now we wait. If we end up seeing a trade, I'm guessing it will happen closer to the draft.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@GoesslingESPN #Vikings' statement: "We look forward to Adrian rejoining the Vikings." Figured it'd be something simple like that. Puts onus on him.
@Andrew_Krammer For Peterson, he's not obligated to show up to #Vikings facilities until June 18 mandatory minicamp. Can be fined $63K for missing 3 days
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@darrenrovell Told Radisson’s sponsorship of the Vikings, which began when Peterson issues arose, is still indefinitely suspended
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Video of Adam Schefter phone interview

NFL reinstates Adrian Peterson

No additional discipline by the NFL.
Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm glad to finally be playing with our full hand. Let's see what Rick does now.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

F*ck that.
@JohnMiddlekauff Couple league sources I talked w/ thought a 3rd rounder would get it done for AP because of age (30), Salary 13 mil & baggage
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Copy of Goodell's letter to Peterson (leaked in record time):
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status ... 6559363072

Interesting passage from Goodell:
... I remain concerned that you have not fully embraced the need for significant changes to your parenting practices
Doesn't sound like this is over.

Who leaked the letter? I'm guessing in order of probablity:
1) NFLPA
2) Dogra
3) NFL
4) Peterson
5) Kevin Warren