Vikings sign Brandon Bostick.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Vikings sign Brandon Bostick.

Post by yezzir »

Packers tight end Brandon Bostick paid for his special teams gaffe with his job.

But he’s apparently found another one quickly.

Minneapolis-based agent Blake Baratz just tweeted out word that Bostick’s “coming to my hood,” and “Great landing spot, in my backyard, the best is yet to come my man!”

Bostick was waived yesterday, so it’s likely a waiver claim.

Bostick was released after misplaying the onsides kick that allowed the Seahawks to come back and win the NFC Championship, a play he might have never lived down in Green Bay.

He had nine receptions in two years with the Packers, and never took advantage of the opportunity to play a larger role this year.

But the Vikings are apparently going to give him a chance to make the Packers pay again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-cut-him/
Last edited by yezzir on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings sign Brandon Bostick.

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

:lol: You beat me to it. I'll delete my post!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Regarding the signing, it's nothing spectacular but we're taking a flier on a guy with some potential. Nothing wrong with that IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Regarding the signing, it's nothing spectacular but we're taking a flier on a guy with some potential. Nothing wrong with that IMO
It's an interesting move, for sure. I'm trying to imagine what they plan on doing with him.

I would bet $ that it's to gain inside intelligence on the Packers.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Depth signing. For Jim!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

yezzir wrote: It's an interesting move, for sure. I'm trying to imagine what they plan on doing with him.

I would bet $ that it's to gain inside intelligence on the Packers.
He would be a guy that could be used as a "move TE" in Norvs offense is my guess. He's definitely athletic enough and we don't really have the most stellar "athletes" at the position
-Chazz Palminteri
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: He would be a guy that could be used as a "move TE" in Norvs offense is my guess. He's definitely athletic enough and we don't really have the most stellar "athletes" at the position
For sure. Some depth, and with Rudolph's injury problems he could be needed. He's a pretty decent player, isn't he?
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Not to pick on the OP, but could we keep all signings in the Free Agency Thread we have going? It just makes the offseason easier on the eyes is all. :)

Anyway, I had a feeling this would happen. I don't really see the need to sign Bostick, as I don't think he was really a good player to begin with. But, whatever.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Not to pick on the OP, but could we keep all signings in the Free Agency Thread we have going? It just makes the offseason easier on the eyes is all. :)

Anyway, I had a feeling this would happen. I don't really see the need to sign Bostick, as I don't think he was really a good player to begin with. But, whatever.
It might not have been a huge need but he's now the most athletic TE we have and is simply a "flier" signing to see if we have anything in him. Bottom line is, it doesnt hurt us so why not?
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Good signing IMO .. especially considering Rudolf and his inability to stay healthy...

Norv does well with a good TE, just like Gates excelled with Norv in SD Chargers offense
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

When I first found out about this signing, I did a great impression of Luke when he found out that Vader was his father.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I love Zimmer.

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Not to pick on the OP, but could we keep all signings in the Free Agency Thread we have going? It just makes the offseason easier on the eyes is all. :).
We need two threads really.

1. A locked thread where admin posts each signing after it happens.

2. A thread for discussion on all the signings.

That way you could easily click the one thread and see who we've signed to date, and then go to the other thread and discuss.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

720pete wrote: We need two threads really.

1. A locked thread where admin posts each signing after it happens.

2. A thread for discussion on all the signings.

That way you could easily click the one thread and see who we've signed to date, and then go to the other thread and discuss.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
I find it easier to navigate, too. If there's multiple stories in one thread it can be a mess discussion wise.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Interesting piece by Bostick. Feel for the guy.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/26/brandon-b ... side-kick/

I Jumped Up, Reached for the Ball … and My Life Changed Forever
I was supposed to block for Jordy Nelson on the now infamous onside kick in the NFC Championship Game. But my mind went blank and instinct just kicked in. The mishap led to death threats, my release from Green Bay and a recurring nightmare. I hope to one day be remembered for something else
Even though I will think about it every day, I hope one day I will be remembered for something else. I do know this: If I ever get another chance to play in a conference championship game, no matter what uniform I’m wearing, I will take a moment to apologize to my teammates on the 2014 Packers. I sincerely wish I didn’t jump up for that ball. I wish we were celebrating a Super Bowl right now.