Vikings sign Brandon Bostick.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings sign Brandon Bostick.

Post by The Breeze »

The guy is supremely motivated to do something positive on the field. It could wind up being a great pickup from the half full perspective.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

But my mind went blank and instinct just kicked in.
Which is exactly the type of player you *don't* want. The ones you can't coach to do their job, no matter how hard you try.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

the guy had some respectable numbers in 2013 15 targets five first downs, averaged 17.1 yards a carry 1 TD

He might beat out are TE's for a starting spot, to be honest
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote:the guy had some respectable numbers in 2013 15 targets five first downs, averaged 17.1 yards a carry 1 TD

He might beat out are TE's for a starting spot, to be honest
I doubt it... Ford, Ellison, and Rudolph are ten times the TE that Bostick is. This is purely a signing to gett some dirt on the Packers.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Ellison is really just a blocker, I was not happy when the Vikings drafted him, Last year he did better
, but man a couple times he popped the ball up on the goal line and cost us picks and games

Ford I like ... Rudolf can't stay healthy... at all ..
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Supposedly, this guy is a top notch blocker. I liked Rhett, he and Teddy had a bit of a connection going at time. I wonder who they let go.

But like Demi said, a guy who has a momentary lapse of reason, and admits it to reporters, may not be someone wants to have on their team. Plus I like the idea of Chase Ford and Kyle as the main TE's. If Kyle doesn't prove he can stay healthy this year, im going to be extremely upset.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I like Rudolf but the team gave him a deal
Based on his potential when not hurt...has
he even stayed healthy one season ??
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Ellison is going to be a guy that never gets any respect, but he's too valuable to ever let go. I think he showed last season that he's still ascending, too.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

DK Sweets wrote,
Ellison is going to be a guy that never gets any respect, but he's too valuable to ever let go. I think he showed last season that he's still ascending, too.
Funny thing, I loved the Sauce too, but I am not sharing the same respect level... for Ellison who is used in a lot of the same ways...
maybe with the sauce he had more chances to score and catch passes because Carter and Moss drew so much focus from defenses.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

jackal wrote:DK Sweets wrote, Funny thing, I loved the Sauce too, but I am not sharing the same respect level... for Ellison who is used in a lot of the same ways...
maybe with the sauce he had more chances to score and catch passes because Carter and Moss drew so much focus from defenses.
its interesting that you say that because Kleinsasser had about 400 yards and 1 TD through his first three years while Rhett has 330 yards and 2 TDs. Very similar numbers.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

its interesting that you say that because Kleinsasser had about 400 yards and 1 TD through his first three years while Rhett has 330 yards and 2 TDs. Very similar numbers.
I know there was a player I really wanted in the draft that was lingering and they picked Ellison when the team had a ton of FB/TE :wallbang:

and then the ball bounce off his chest that led to a pick six or two...
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

jackal wrote: I know there was a player I really wanted in the draft that was lingering and they picked Ellison when the team had a ton of FB/TE :wallbang:

and then the ball bounce off his chest that led to a pick six or two...
Yeah but look at the bright side, if they would have won that game the Vikes would be picking latter on in the draft :)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=FB

wow I looked up his stats 4.59 40 .. that's pretty fast for a big guy ...

Hopefully him and Charles Johnson give the Packers and their fans Crow for years to come.