Assuming AP really is coming back.......

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Assuming AP really is coming back.......

Post by chicagopurple »

Has anyone read anywhere that AP has been training and keeping in condition? I have read lots of articles about his vigorous legal defense but nothing about a vigorous work-out schedual. I believe he was forbidden from training with the team all this time, so I would pray that he has been working with a pvt outside trainer. It would be the worst case scenario if the Vikes keep him, absorb the public scorn AND the cap hit....then he shows up out of shape and useless. Its been a long time to spend sitting on the couch, smoking doobies, and mastering his PlayStation.......
maembe
Franchise Player

Re: Assuming AP really is coming back.......

Post by maembe »

AD doesn't strike me as the type of person who sits around and does nothing during the offseason. Remember last year he came into camp "looking like the Michelin Man" and had to stop working out so much because he was getting too big.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

You're familiar with Peterson, right?

AD doesn't take a day off. He'll be in football shape wherever he is week 1. There's absolutely no question.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:You're familiar with Peterson, right?

AD doesn't take a day off. He'll be in football shape wherever he is week 1. There's absolutely no question.

Exactly. The guy will probably come back more ripped than anyone in the history of the game.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

My guess is he could play tomorrow.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

given his track record, I would agree, BUT I just havent heard anything to back it up. He was just put through a massive media beat down, stressed to the max (perhaps rightly), and you have to wonder how he dealt with it. I hope he dealt with it by working out like a mad man and comes back angry with a chip on his shoulder. AD with a point to prove would be a fearsome thing......
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

chicagopurple wrote:given his track record, I would agree, BUT I just havent heard anything to back it up. He was just put through a massive media beat down, stressed to the max (perhaps rightly), and you have to wonder how he dealt with it. I hope he dealt with it by working out like a mad man and comes back angry with a chip on his shoulder. AD with a point to prove would be a fearsome thing......
Probably because AD working out and getting his body right isn't really a story. It's just expected!
London Viking
Practice Squad

Post by London Viking »

Got to at least let Teddy have a year with him...all well and good having the cap money by letting AP go or trading him but would they get a player in of similar quality to peterson...i doubt it
Dirtyswabby
Starter

Post by Dirtyswabby »

He stated yesterday that because he lost his endorsements he has all the free time to work out now.
Representing the Vikings In Raleigh, NC
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

He's requested a trade to Dallas.
"Adrian Peterson has requested a trade to the Cowboys. How bout that?" sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015… pic.twitter.com/pKQCWuP3X3
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PacificNorseWest wrote:He's requested a trade to Dallas.
Not sure how reliable this source is. I can't find it anywhere else which makes me think its not valid
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

If true, I hope we don't accommodate him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

frosted wrote:If true, I hope we don't accommodate him.

See I feel the opposite. I've always said, if we are going to get rid of him, this is the year to do it. It's the best RB class to come out in years and if we can trade him and get picks for him....that would be great. Much better than just releasing him outright and getting nothing in return. If we can trade him, that would be ideal. If we are just going to release him, I'm completely against it.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
See I feel the opposite. I've always said, if we are going to get rid of him, this is the year to do it. It's the best RB class to come out in years and if we can trade him and get picks for him....that would be great. Much better than just releasing him outright and getting nothing in return. If we can trade him, that would be ideal. If we are just going to release him, I'm completely against it.
Oh don't get me wrong, the sensible GM in me agrees.

The vengeful, salty, butt hurt fan in me says trade him to an AFC cellar dweller for whatever we can get. Screw the Cowboys and screw Adrian - that is if this is true.

frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Also, if we release him I'll be pissed. I want to get something for him.