Sig Stats: PBE, O-Line Units

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Sig Stats: PBE, O-Line Units

Post by dead_poet »

Obviously take with a grain of salt but this is...um...the opposite of good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ine-units/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Sig Stats: PBE, O-Line Units

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Oh, and Jim, here's your chance: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -involved/
:lol: I don't think I could do it. It seems like monotonous work.

The OL stuff is discouraging but hey, we knew they had a bad season.... hopefully, they'll be better in 2015.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: :lol: I don't think I could do it. It seems like monotonous work.

The OL stuff is discouraging but hey, we knew they had a bad season.... hopefully, they'll be better in 2015.
Couldn't be much worse. And we'll get a couple of guys back from injury (and hopefully Peterson).
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/560493749542072320

:shock:
Good ole Norv and his 7 step drops. Even with a beat up line, questionable receivers, and a rookie QB he manages 2nd in the league.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Obviously take with a grain of salt but this is...um...the opposite of good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ine-units/

Jeff Davidson Rocks!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Just as a casual fan I'd say that ranking is due in part to Kalil's struggles and in part to the injuries. Given how Denver was so high and it was acknowledged that Manning was part of that I have to think that games with a rookie QB as well as Ponder didn't help either.

This unit is not where it needs to be, but things did get better as the season progressed. Guard is definitely a draft need IMO. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Tackle, if only for the fact that Kalil is still on a rookie contract.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Demi wrote:https://twitter.com/PFF/status/560493749542072320

:shock:
Good ole Norv and his 7 step drops. Even with a beat up line, questionable receivers, and a rookie QB he manages 2nd in the league.
To me, that is encouraging and confusing at the same time. On one hand, it means Norv gives zero Fs and wants his system run regardless of personnel - which is aggressive coaching to an extent.

On the other hand, it shows some arrogance to not change the system up to help a depleted offensive line and a rookie QB. Norv's system led to some early struggles for Teddy, but Teddy improved each game and became a better player all while playing in Norv's system.

At the end of the day, I am very interested in seeing how well this offense will function under Norv Turner in year two. We will have Loadholt and Fusco back and should have new players in the system. Plus, Teddy will be one year older and experienced. I see us making a big leap forward this year.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

This is not intended to be an apology for the OL, they were dismal last season. However, the QB play does impact their performance on passing downs. I strongly suspect the Denver's OL would be far more pedestrian without Manning moving the ball so quickly.

In the case of the Vikings we went through a rookie QB season. That is at least part of the issue. Losing AP also hampered them as did Fusco's early injury and other health related issues. The question is with the QB in season 2 and the line presumably back together and healthy, how much of an improvement will we see?

I think adding talent at Guard is a possibility as well.

The RB thing is still a complete unknown, but that is separate topic.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

The RB thing is still a complete unknown, but that is separate topic.
Lucky it's the RB position. Look at winning teams. Just grab a guy in free agency, or middle of the draft.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

To me OL is still my biggest concern ...

ranking dead last in pass protection ?

Johnson gone for sure and Kalil and Loadholt would be on thin ice IMO
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I REALLY don't think Loadholt is on thin ice.