Important Vikings offseason dates to remember

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Important Vikings offseason dates to remember

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Thanks for the info Jim. I ashamed to admit, I already cant wait.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I can't wait, and I'm not ashamed to admit it ! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

I'm not ashamed either. Heck, I'm already impatiently waiting for the next season to begin!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

A friend and I were talking today and he said that this is the saddest week of sports, and I agreed. Another season of our beloved football is over and no bragging rights again. Oh well, stay tuned for next year. Same Vikes time, same Vikes Channel.
But hope springs eternal, Scouting combine in three weeks. Then draft speculation can begin in earnest. Wooohooo! My second favorite part of the season. My first is the season of course. Vikings playoffs are the mostest favorite. :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

man there are a lot of off season dates to remember...

April 15th tax day for Peterson reinstatement, hmmm interesting
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Thanks Jim!

I am not ashamed to admit my excitement either. To be honest, I think I enjoy the offseason more than the regular season. FA speculation for weeks before it opens. A million posts screaming that we haven't signed 5 top tier free agents within 15 minutes of free agency opening :D And then the excitement when we sign a few.....then onto weeks of mock drafts, seeing who flies up the board and who drops. The offseason is stress free, full of excitement, intrigue, and hope......hope that continues to build and build as we read about OTAs and builds even further into training camp and preseason.....and then inevitably gets crushed by late September or early october :lol:

I mean, as vikings fans, why WOULDN'T we prefer the offseason? :v):
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Thanks Jim!

I am not ashamed to admit my excitement either. To be honest, I think I enjoy the offseason more than the regular season. FA speculation for weeks before it opens. A million posts screaming that we haven't signed 5 top tier free agents within 15 minutes of free agency opening :D And then the excitement when we sign a few.....then onto weeks of mock drafts, seeing who flies up the board and who drops. The offseason is stress free, full of excitement, intrigue, and hope......hope that continues to build and build as we read about OTAs and builds even further into training camp and preseason.....and then inevitably gets crushed by late September or early october :lol:

I mean, as vikings fans, why WOULDN'T we prefer the offseason? :v):

LOL! Your last sentence basically summed up my initial reaction to your second sentence. :)

I've often felt the same way although this year, I'm just feeling tired of being more excited about the offseason and what it might bring for next year. I want to start coming off NFL seasons high on what the Vikings actually accomplished!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

For me it's the combine and Draft ...Free agency
Is rarely a big deal for the Vikings ..Fans seem to
argue a great deal over free agency
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

jackal wrote:For me it's the combine and Draft ...Free agency
Is rarely a big deal for the Vikings ..Fans seem to
argue a great deal over free agency
I agree. Free agency is simply where you get depth and a few good fillers for spots that aren't as deep in the draft.

For example, last year, Spielman and Zimmer probably thought that Linval Joseph was the best fit for their scheme and also probably noticed that the depth for 1 tech DTs in the draft wasn't very good at all and they were right. The 3 tech DT position (where Floyd plays) was deep but that was something we didnt need at the time
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I never used to get into the draft until i joined this board almost 10 years ago. Now I look forward to it every season! There are some very knowledgeable people on this board who really study the draft very thoroughly. It makes it very fun reading all of the player profiles and what not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not really "offseason" but I didn't want to start a new thread.

The Steelers will play the Vikings in the 2015 Hall of Fame Game.

The game will take place on August 8. Playing in the Hall of Fame Game means both teams will have five preseason games. Former Steelers RB Jerome Bettis and Vikings C Mick Tingelhoff will be inducted in the Hall of Fame that weekend.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

dead_poet wrote:Not really "offseason" but I didn't want to start a new thread.

The Steelers will play the Vikings in the 2015 Hall of Fame Game.

The game will take place on August 8. Playing in the Hall of Fame Game means both teams will have five preseason games. Former Steelers RB Jerome Bettis and Vikings C Mick Tingelhoff will be inducted in the Hall of Fame that weekend.
Yeah I posted that in the "Mick to the Hall" thread :)
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Nice this means camp and such will start earlier right? Less off season!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I googled the early start but I couldn't find anything. Can anybody confirm the early start to training camp?

Also, I wonder if this affects the chances of being chosen for Hard Knocks at all.