Teddy Bridgewater. Pepsi NFL rookie of the year.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Teddy Bridgewater. Pepsi NFL rookie of the year.

Post by mmvikes »

Don't know how to link articles on this phone yet. Apparently we drafted and developed the NFLs top rookie.
SKOL.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Teddy Bridgewater. NFL rookie of the year.

Post by dead_poet »

mmvikes wrote:Don't know how to link articles on this phone yet. Apparently we drafted and developed the NFLs top rookie.
SKOL.
It hasn't been officially announced but apparently has leaked. I love Teddy but OBJ should win this. If this is true there are some BIG TIME Teddy fans out there.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Also, this is not the "official" Rookie of the Year Award, which is determined by the Associated Press. This is the Pepsi award based on fan voting.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Also, this is not the "official" Rookie of the Year Award, which is determined by the Associated Press. This is the Pepsi award based on fan voting.

Yeah, if this is any indication, Beckham will get the AP award:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -the-roost
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:
Yeah, if this is any indication, Beckham will get the AP award:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -the-roost

And it's well deserved. I love Teddy, but seriously, how can Beckham be overlooked here? His rookie season is being likened to Randy Moss' rookie year.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

losperros wrote: And it's well deserved. I love Teddy, but seriously, how can Beckham be overlooked here? His rookie season is being likened to Randy Moss' rookie year.
It's a matter of highlights and stats versus Value and hardships faced.

Beckham has the Highlight of the year and outstanding numbers, but there is a very plausible argument that what Bridgewater did was more impressive. Bridgewater was rushed into a starting job before he was ready. He took over a team that was facing a huge scandal involving their biggest star and most important player. He had on O-line that was atrocious for most of the year, and a WR corps that feature a suspected breakout star who couldn't break out of a wet paper sack, Playing in a temporary stadium, with a new head coach who'd never head coached before.

Teddy came in a gave them solid leadership at the hardest position in sports to play, on a team with every reason to go into the tank and by the end of the year had quieted even the most cynical fans here. If you were told before the year all of what did unfold for the vikes would happen you'd expect them to be 3-13 and say any hope at 7-9 was a pipe dream. Teddy had a huge part in delivering that. Take Beckham off the Giants and they probably still finish around 6-10 like they did. Take away Bridgewater and insert Ponder and we're probably talking about a James Cameron Disaster film.

Bridgewater had as many wins as the other 3 highly drafted QB's combined, and while the others were rollercoastering their way through the season Teddy was steadily improving over the season. Over the last 5 games he was putting up numbers that ranked among the top QB's in the league in some categories. Bridgewater's case is much stronger than some realize... I still think Beckham will win because of that Catch.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Great! Good luck Teddy!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

losperros wrote:
And it's well deserved. I love Teddy, but seriously, how can Beckham be overlooked here? His rookie season is being likened to Randy Moss' rookie year.
Exactly. Teddy had a solid year, but Beckham had an amazing year. Was surprised to see Teddy even got the Pepsi. But I guess he is a QB, that seems to make a difference.
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

Bridgewater won rookie of the year! Congrats well deserved

Sent from my Studio 5.0 HD LTE using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
Is this OUR year?
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

Sent from my Studio 5.0 HD LTE using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
Is this OUR year?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp ... /22584235/
Congrats to TB and to the man who selected him (way to go Teddy and Rick) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Xivios
Practice Squad

Post by Xivios »

WOW. Spielman third ROYsince he is responsible for the Vikings draft. In 8 years! And 2 years of them without an first round draft picks.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I agree that Teddy did a great job this year, and I want to take nothing from him. But let's put this into perspective: OBJ had only two less receiving TDs than Teddy threw in the same amount of games. Teddy might end up being the better player, but he didn't have a better rookie year.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

We need the title clarified... He won the Pepsi Rookie of the Year, which is FAN VOTED... not the official award.

Still a great honor, but not the real deal.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Pepsi Rookie of the year :)

Not bad for a kid who had a horrible pro day, too small of hands, 'has to wear gloves,' and has a 'weak arm.' :lol: :roll:

We have a special player. Odell will win the actual AP Rookie of the Year honor, but Teddy deserves to be in the conversation with him - no doubt.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.