what was better?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Re: what was better?

Post by saint33 »

mansquatch wrote:I loved the 1999 season, the finish against SF with that rope to Greg Lewis remains the single best football moment I've ever experienced. That being said, I felt a great deal of evil pleasure watching all the rantings and ravings of the Packer fans after Sunday's defeat. It was bittersweet since I recall so much of their snark both times that it has happened to us.

My three least favorite teams right now are the Seahawks, Cowboys, and Packers. I knew Carolina wasn't going to get the job done, so I've been an anti-fan during all of the playoffs. That being said, as much as I disliked seeing the Seahawks go back to the big game, there is still no team I despise more than the Packers.

I would still rather watch us win than them lose, but when you don't have the former, the latter will do just fine. :evil:

I feel you! My least favorite teams in order are Green Bay, New England, Chicago, Dallas and then Seattle (although the Seahawks gained some good favor from me on Sunday). To say the least, this has been a pretty disappointing playoffs so far for me, but that NFC Championship made it completely worth it.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

saint33 wrote:I feel you! My least favorite teams in order are Green Bay, New England, Chicago, Dallas and then Seattle (although the Seahawks gained some good favor from me on Sunday). To say the least, this has been a pretty disappointing playoffs so far for me, but that NFC Championship made it completely worth it.
I'm probably in the minority on this one (in fact, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way), but I like New England. I love watching Brady when he's on a hot streak. It's poetry in motion. And I think Belichick is a heck of a coach.

I've had my fill of GB and Dallas though. I don't feel one way or another about Seattle.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

losperros wrote: I'm probably in the minority on this one (in fact, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way), but I like New England. I love watching Brady when he's on a hot streak. It's poetry in motion. And I think Belichick is a heck of a coach.

I've had my fill of GB and Dallas though. I don't feel one way or another about Seattle.
i agree, I enjoy watching the Patriots play. It started when Moss joined the team, but I've come to like them outside of one player.

I'll also go ahead and say that Tom Brady is a better QB than Peyton Manning, and I find it difficult to hate the greatest player of his era.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

looks like the patriots cheated again. unbelievable.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

what was better?

Post by DK Sweets »

I truly don't see the big deal with the Patriots thing. Aaron Rodgers has admitted to over inflating game balls to see if he can get away with it. That's one example, and I would be surprised if it's the only example. Additionally, it's not like those were the same balls that Indianapolis was using on offense - each team provides balls for their offense.

If anybody thinks New England won that game because of low air pressure, I would question their sanity and/or lack of football knowledge. It might have given them a slight edge, but that game was a laugher.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: I'm probably in the minority on this one (in fact, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way), but I like New England. I love watching Brady when he's on a hot streak. It's poetry in motion. And I think Belichick is a heck of a coach.
I feel the same way and as DK said, it's hard not to appreciate Brady. The guy is an all-time great. At this point, the Patriots has been so good for so long that I just appreciate watching NFL history being made. Prior to what they've accomplished, the prevailing thinking was that it couldn't be accomplished in the age of free agency. What they've done is truly remarkable. I hope they win this Super Bowl and add to their legacy.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I like the Patriots, I've never had an issue with them. I think Belicek is one of the all time greats, if not the greatest coach ever. Ditto with Brady.

The Seahawks just rub me the wrong way. I am not a big Pete Carrol fan and I feel like when I watch their offense they just seem to get lucky on big plays vs. making big plays. I felt like Capers exposed that on Sunday. The sad thing is that I actually like how passionate and competitive Russel Wilson is. Still, for whatever reason I'm not a fan. That being said, if I had to choose between the Packers, the Cowboys, and the Seahawks, I would always choose the Sea Chickens. So in that sense, all is well.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I've always been a fan of the Brady era Pats.

I got really annoyed with his antics during the Ravens game, screaming at the officials, until I saw that he got poked in the eye and had some reason.

He's crazy competitive and the kind of person that might be tough to be around after a loss, but he is an amazing QB and it's fun to watch him play.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

It didn't really matter to me one way or the other. I only care that the Vikings were not even in the playoffs for what seems like forever now and that is getting old. Hopefully they can turn it around soon and I can start caring about what happens again instead of taking vicarious pleasure in the misfortunes of a rival (who, BTW, has won the North title 4 seasons running and will probably be the favorite to win it again next year).

I could care less who wins the Superbowl unless the Vikings are in it.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DKSweets wrote:I truly don't see the big deal with the Patriots thing. Aaron Rodgers has admitted to over inflating game balls to see if he can get away with it. That's one example, and I would be surprised if it's the only example. Additionally, it's not like those were the same balls that Indianapolis was using on offense - each team provides balls for their offense.

If anybody thinks New England won that game because of low air pressure, I would question their sanity and/or lack of football knowledge. It might have given them a slight edge, but that game was a laugher.
Its the fact that they didn't have to, but still did, on 11 of 12 balls. The only reason it wasn't 12 of 12 is the officials finally spotted it. Belicheck has to cheat, Brady has to cry. Its there nature. I dislike the Pats almost as much as GB. Its a virtual tie.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i'm with you purplekoolaid, it's the principle of it. there needs to be standards, which the nfl seems to be lacking across the board. if that is the case, then let each team manipulate their balls exactly to their own standards.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I don't see how anyone can NOT enjoy watching the Pats. They are disciplined, highly skilled, their coach ALWAYS comes up with unpredictable schemes, and they have great enthusiasm. Edelman is an undersized guy showing the rest of the league that they can go stick it, Gronk is a monster, Brady is a great leader, and they have a hard hitting Defense. I would give my 4 front teeth to transform the Vikes into something resembling the Pats. As for the ball deflation, its a pile of crap. The Colts sucked and it had nothing to do with soft balls (well maybe in a different way). They were flat out beat. The rest is a plate of sour grapes.
WOuld ANYONE here really complain if Bellichek was hired as a Vikes coach? No Way......Howabout the Pats owner buying the Vikes out? Would that be a down grade...NOT.
bigskyvike78
Waterboy

Post by bigskyvike78 »

Hi there! This is my first post. I attended the NFC Championship game!! But before I go into that glorious experience, let me give you a little background about myself.
I'm a displaced, devoted, lifelong Vikings fan since I was old enough to remember. I live in western Montana and I'm a girl that was raised in a GB Packer household. My Dad has never forgiven me for choosing the Vikings, but I think I'm still in the will. :wink: Based on my local, there aren't many Vikings fans. Most people are Broncos, Cowboys, Packer, Steelers, 49ers and Seahawks fans. My husband of 24 years is a lifelong Seahawks fan. What can I say...it's trying at times. Especially, when the Vikings get Hutch and the Hawks get Rice, Percy etc.

Over the last 20 years, I have attended many Seahawks games as my husband and I are season ticket holders for the Hawks. It is 2 states away, but only a 9 hour trip to get there. Occasionally, we go to Minnesota for games but that is a 19 hour drive. (we've been there 4 times). Most recently at the Packer\Viking matchup on November 23rd. We attended that particular game partly in celebration of my birthday and partly in celebration of my brother-in-law and sisters retirement. They are Packer fans....ugh! It was a miserable trip home after that Viking loss! I had to hear them gloating, bragging and rubbing it in for the entire trip home.

I know that some of you hold the Seahawks in great disdain, but at least I get to see the Vikings play when they visit the Pacific NW. On that note, I also get to see the other members of the NFC North. After all, it is for the love of the game!! And boy did I love watching the over confident Packers flush their Super Bowl dreams down the toilet!! They could have had the title but gave it away to the defending champs! It helped put the flames out on that last trip home from Minnesota So on that note, I think that last weeks loss was better than Favre's 2 wins in purple. Skol Vikings!!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

bigskyvike78 wrote:Hi there! This is my first post. I attended the NFC Championship game!! But before I go into that glorious experience, let me give you a little background about myself.
I'm a displaced, devoted, lifelong Vikings fan since I was old enough to remember. I live in western Montana and I'm a girl that was raised in a GB Packer household. My Dad has never forgiven me for choosing the Vikings, but I think I'm still in the will. :wink: Based on my local, there aren't many Vikings fans. Most people are Broncos, Cowboys, Packer, Steelers, 49ers and Seahawks fans. My husband of 24 years is a lifelong Seahawks fan. What can I say...it's trying at times. Especially, when the Vikings get Hutch and the Hawks get Rice, Percy etc.

Over the last 20 years, I have attended many Seahawks games as my husband and I are season ticket holders for the Hawks. It is 2 states away, but only a 9 hour trip to get there. Occasionally, we go to Minnesota for games but that is a 19 hour drive. (we've been there 4 times). Most recently at the Packer\Viking matchup on November 23rd. We attended that particular game partly in celebration of my birthday and partly in celebration of my brother-in-law and sisters retirement. They are Packer fans....ugh! It was a miserable trip home after that Viking loss! I had to hear them gloating, bragging and rubbing it in for the entire trip home.

I know that some of you hold the Seahawks in great disdain, but at least I get to see the Vikings play when they visit the Pacific NW. On that note, I also get to see the other members of the NFC North. After all, it is for the love of the game!! And boy did I love watching the over confident Packers flush their Super Bowl dreams down the toilet!! They could have had the title but gave it away to the defending champs! It helped put the flames out on that last trip home from Minnesota So on that note, I think that last weeks loss was better than Favre's 2 wins in purple. Skol Vikings!!
Best first post ever. :appl:

:govikes: