What If???????

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bigwehrm
Starter

What If???????

Post by Bigwehrm »

Just what if the Vikes had jumped aboard the suck for Luck boat and had landed him with the #1 pick that year. Where do you think this team would be at right now? We all know Indy sucked on purpose and should have gotten that draft pick revoked. Whats your thoughts. Would we have loaded up with young talent like we have now? Or would we have added more players in free agency trying to get a quick score?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: What If???????

Post by Mothman »

They probably would have just drafted Matt Kalil 3 spots higher. Those wacky Vikings!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mothman wrote:They probably would have just drafted Matt Kalil 3 spots higher. Those wacky Vikings!
Almost. They would passed up the top three picks before they picked up MK. :wallbang:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Mothman wrote:They probably would have just drafted Matt Kalil 3 spots higher. Those wacky Vikings!

LOL :lol:

Good one, Jim

Maybe they'd have still traded down with the Browns who would have taken Luck........how many extra picks could the Vikes have gotten!!!?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Bigwehrm wrote:Just what if the Vikes had jumped aboard the suck for Luck boat and had landed him with the #1 pick that year. Where do you think this team would be at right now? We all know Indy sucked on purpose and should have gotten that draft pick revoked. Whats your thoughts. Would we have loaded up with young talent like we have now? Or would we have added more players in free agency trying to get a quick score?
Indy definitely didn't "suck on purpose". They had Curtis Painter at QB....what do you expect?? Look how bad Arizona is with Ryan Lindley in and they have a great defense no less
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I don't know why this thread even got posted Teddy did great IMO ...

No Peterson .. Our OL was a shambles most of the season and 91 new rookie bench marks for the Vikings Organization...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

jackal wrote:I don't know why this thread even got posted Teddy did great IMO ...

No Peterson .. Our OL was a shambles most of the season and 91 new rookie bench marks for the Vikings Organization...
Didn't say teddy wasn't good. Just wondering where we would be if we were in year 3 with Luck.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

In the short term i would say better.. Teddy is going to give us five years of top notch
QB play at a bargain price. I think Luck is under the old CBA and will cost a fortune soon.

Seattle is going to have a hardtime fielding a team once they aren't paying Willson worse
than most bench warmers get, in the NFL.

Biggest concerns

OL
Defense stoping other teams in the last few minutes of games..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

jackal wrote:In the short term i would say better.. Teddy is going to give us five years of top notch
QB play at a bargain price. I think Luck is under the old CBA and will cost a fortune soon.

Seattle is going to have a hardtime fielding a team once they aren't paying Willson worse

Biggest concerns

OL
I believe the last #1 drafted under the old cba was bradford, could be wrong though.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Boon wrote:
I believe the last #1 drafted under the old cba was bradford, could be wrong though.[/quote

I think that's correct, Boon.

Luck's rookie contract was a guaranteed $22,107,998, far less than what he would have received prior to the rookie cap.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

jackal wrote:In the short term i would say better.. Teddy is going to give us five years of top notch

Biggest concerns

OL
I have concerns everywhere LB, Safety, CB. DL, OL WR, TE, RB We have a few decent guys in a few places but we have very few really good players at any positions