The First Name Basis Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The First Name Basis Thread

Post by PsyDanny »

Rhodes Closed wrote:Howdy folks! Name's Scott; been a Vikings fan since '06. I'm from Sleepy Eye, in Southwestern Minnesota. I Hope to have some great conversations here with everybody.
Valkommen!
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Rhodes Closed wrote:Howdy folks! Name's Scott; been a Vikings fan since '06. I'm from Sleepy Eye, in Southwestern Minnesota. I Hope to have some great conversations here with everybody.
:welcome

Welcome. Scott. I love the name of your home town. It has character!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

My cousin used to live in Sleepy Eye. I am related to a significant portion of that town, as well as New Ulm and Redwood Falls.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Holzberg
Practice Squad

Post by Holzberg »

Hi Everyone! I'm Tony and I've been visiting this site for a couple of weeks and decided to join. I am a member of PP since 2009 and also a member of MVN since a couple of months ago.

I have been a Vikings fan since 2009 when Brett Favre joined the team. I used to be a die hard Packer fan and when Brett started for the Vikings I went to his first home game against the 49ers and noticed how nice all the fans were so I bought season tickets for a few years and have become a good fan. I have friends that have been Vikings fans since they were kids and also my girlfriend and her family are Vikings fans so I'm not alone. My family on the other hand are mostly Packer fans so I have to deal with that LOL. Good fun though.

I am from La Crosse, WI.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Holzberg wrote:Hi Everyone! I'm Tony and I've been visiting this site for a couple of weeks and decided to join. I am a member of PP since 2009 and also a member of MVN since a couple of months ago.

I have been a Vikings fan since 2009 when Brett Favre joined the team. I used to be a die hard Packer fan and when Brett started for the Vikings I went to his first home game against the 49ers and noticed how nice all the fans were so I bought season tickets for a few years and have become a good fan.

I am from La Crosse, WI.

Wat
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Jordysghost wrote:
Wat
:rock:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Hi! I'm Rich (not really "rich" but I digress...) - nice board too by the way!
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Hello all and thanks for making this a great site! My name is Dusty-I'm from Marshall but I live in Bakersfield, Ca now. I've played baseball in many of your towns-it's great to hear some familiar names! I will be air-cheersing you all tonight. Skol Vikes :whistle:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Welcome aboard gents!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Vdynastee
Waterboy

Post by Vdynastee »

Vdynastee - Todd
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

:welcome
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

As more of a lurker than a poster, I had previously ignored this thread as irrelevant. While I make no commitments to post more regularly, I am a lifelong Vikings fan and current season ticket holder. I try to make it up for a few games each year and attend the Vikings/Bears game when the Vikings are in Chicago. For the first time this year, I went with a law school classmate to the final Vikings training camp in Mankato and had a really good time. Met Chuck Foreman and got my picture taken with him. :smilevike:

Anywho, they call me Bruce. Skol!
mavherzog
Rookie

Post by mavherzog »

I go by mavherzog or iMav. My real name is "Larry Herzog Jr."

I was very active in the old mailing list and the old newsgroup...definite old timer. :)
Svt40
Rookie

Post by Svt40 »

My first post on this board. I've been lurking here and at Purplepride for a long time as well.

My name is Randy and I've been a Vikes fan as long as I can remember. My whole family is from N. St Paul (Maplewood to be exact) but I grew up in central Texas and was stationed in Jacksonville Florida for 17 years.

The first time I can remember watching the Vikings play football was in the 70's at my grandmothers house on Thanksgiving.

Living in Texas I do not get to watch the Vikes on TV much but at least I can stream it online now! I've also only seen the Vikes once live and that was when they played Jacksonville back in 08. Sitting in the nosebleed section and the Vikes were up by 14 in the first 30 seconds of the game!!

As an aside I do not buy jerseys any longer as every single player that I've bought a Jersey for either gets hurt, drops off in production or ends up not being a Viking anymore. Prior to this my grandmother always bought me 1-2 jerseys a year for Christmas. The first jersey I bought for myself was a Cris Carter and he ended up moving on to Miami the next year. I bought a Culpepper and he blew out his knee. A Winfield jersey and he moved on to another team. Jared Allen and he moved on the next season. Barr jersey after his great season last year and he's disappeared this season. The last one I bought was a Diggs jersey and he faded away as well. At least now I can buy a Peterson jersey.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Welcome Randy!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk