Teddy's effect on Peterson decision?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Teddy's effect on Peterson decision?

Post by The Breeze »

As far as public perception of AD and his transgression goes, I believe it really helps if someone else (TB) is the face of the franchise.
I think, from all the responses and comments I've read throughout this whole affair, that the public/fanbase/sponsors aren't so much against his being on the team as much as him being the public face of the team.

TB's tone and demeanor as much as his gameday poise make him a more agreeable candidate for that mantle...and helps to create a less demanding category for AD.

Here is Teddy, the field leader and face of the franchise....and this is Adrian, our game changing freak athlete. It seems a more natural fit for each of them.

As Jim said above, I think it was Jim, being the centre of attention on and off the field was/is probably not as big of a desire for AD as is scoring TDs, running over peope and winning games.

anyway, another aspect of TB's presence that might make AD's more palatable.

I could be off base with all that...but that's my feel on it.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Teddy's effect on Peterson decision?

Post by DK Sweets »

That's a really interesting analysis, Breeze. I think you might be on to something.