It's been a spell...2014 Vikings were odd

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

It's been a spell...2014 Vikings were odd

Post by NextQuestion »

I turned 29 this year and I gotta say this was easily the weirdest Vikings season ever. I remember thinking we had a legit shot to be 9-7 or 10-6 after the preseason. Week 1 arrived, and although we started slow, it felt SO good to just kick my feet up in the 4th quarter and relax. I went to the Patriots game the next week w/ all the Adrian drama and that's when I promptly stopped going on message boards and interacting with a lot of Vikings fans on twitter. I'm all for forgiveness, but I couldn't hang with people who saw what Adrian did was "nothing bad".

I had such great faith after Teddy started and then there was the GB game. Good god that was embarrassing. I've never seen a guy like CP84, who was a rookie stud last year, completely get benched. I have to wonder if he just doesn't get this offense AT all. I love the Johnson pick up! One of the better sneaky moves we made. The NYJ game I attended was crazy cool. I can't believe fans BOOOOO Percy Harvin. This kid played through so many injuries, got diagnosed with sleep apnea (stop the migraine jokes, he hasn't had one since 2010) and we boo him? C'mon.

Anyways, I didn't even watch the end of the "game" yesterday, but I'm glad we finally got a division win. I'm ready for a distraction free 2015 (please) and more peaceful discussions regarding our favorite purple squad.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: It's been a spell...2014 Vikings were odd

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Just to touch on the Percy booing thing. I don't see a problem with people who pay good money to see a good product on the field and a team or player doesn't deliver. I don't think most fans were upset and booing at his play, mostly because he didn't want to be here and made it known that he didn't. And it turns out that the Vikings weren't the only ones who were not pleased with his antics.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Yeah, I boo Harvin. I also call him #### Harvin. (If word filter stops that, it sounds like Percy and can also me "cat" or "female genitalia").

The way I see it, if you turn your back on the Vikings, the fans have every right to turn on you. He made his choice, and that's fine. It just makes my choice easy.

For what it's worth, I still voted him as KR for the metrodome team last year. I respect what he did. But I will do my best to make sure he hates coming back.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

DKSweets wrote:Yeah, I boo Harvin. I also call him #### Harvin. (If word filter stops that, it sounds like Percy and can also me "cat" or "female genitalia").

The way I see it, if you turn your back on the Vikings, the fans have every right to turn on you. He made his choice, and that's fine. It just makes my choice easy.

For what it's worth, I still voted him as KR for the metrodome team last year. I respect what he did. But I will do my best to make sure he hates coming back.
^ :thumbsup: