Cris Carter's son to visit Vikings on Jan. 9

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Cris Carter's son to visit Vikings on Jan. 9

Post by dead_poet »

He's going to be on an NFL roster somewhere in 2015. I wonder if he has a particular connection to the Vikings or, as will likely happen, it will be more about the $$.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/12/29 ... -january-9
In his two CFL seasons, he has 124 receptions for 1,939 yards and 12 touchdowns.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Cris Carter's son to visit Vikings on Jan. 9

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Awesome! I mean, supposedly, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it could be a nice sleeper if we sign him.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Awesome! I mean, supposedly, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it could be a nice sleeper if we sign him.
It'd be interesting. I wonder if he has more upside than, say, CJ. We'd then be suddenly deep at receiver (Patterson, Johnson, Jennings, Wright, Thielen), though only those with potential and not proven and one in decline that could be released (Jennings). It would make you wonder if it would put them out of the running for guys like Cooper or White early. Obviously I'm getting ahead of myself but I just don't feel like they're going to go that direction. They desperately need one guy to step up next year and be a consistent threat for Teddy.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Maybe having to play up north for two seasons taught him some work ethic and humble thankfulness...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mighty big shoes to fill if he came here. I welcome him for sure but whew, I hope he has thick skin and can catch the ball like his dad. CC lights up when he talks about his son. It would be great for the young Carter to succeed. Make his momma proud. :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Didn't we just go through this?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I hope it works out and we have another HOF WR Carter .. that would be an awesome story for the NFL and Vikings
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

most likely too big of shoes to fill. it is comparable to tom hank's son trying to act, the comparisons are unavoidable and too high to ever achieve.
Ardenn
Backup

Post by Ardenn »

I don't really want him, because it would mean either dumping Theilen or carrying 6wrs without drafting or taking any in FA. Jennings isn't going anywhere unless another veteran WR falls on us in free agency.
Carter's CFL stats are alright, but its the CFL. I would be stunned if he ever makes more noise in this league than guys like Wright and Johnson.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Ardenn wrote:I don't really want him, because it would mean either dumping Theilen or carrying 6wrs without drafting or taking any in FA. Jennings isn't going anywhere unless another veteran WR falls on us in free agency.
Carter's CFL stats are alright, but its the CFL. I would be stunned if he ever makes more noise in this league than guys like Wright and Johnson.
I say bring him in and find out how much noise he can make. The CFL certainly isn't the NFL but there have been CFL players who have come to the NFL and excelled. Maybe Carter will do likewise.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Are there many cases of CFL WRs doing anything in the NFL? Only one I know of is Rocket Ismail.

I tend to think the game doesn't translate at that position as well as some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

In the past not so much, but many players are finding success in the NFL; after perfecting skills in CFL.

Tom Johnson from our defensive line, is one of them

Flutie and Kurt Warner; played in other leagues, as well.
MusicCityViking
Backup

Post by MusicCityViking »

jackal wrote:In the past not so much, but many players are finding success in the NFL; after perfecting skills in CFL.

Tom Johnson from our defensive line, is one of them

Flutie and Kurt Warner; played in other leagues, as well.
Agreed. The CFL is producing some quality talent these days. We could at least give him a chance on the practice squad or bring him in for training camp. If he doesn't turn out to be what we're looking for, we could always cut him.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

frosted wrote:Are there many cases of CFL WRs doing anything in the NFL? Only one I know of is Rocket Ismail.
I honestly can't think of any big CFL-to-NFL success stories at that position.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: I honestly can't think of any big CFL-to-NFL success stories at that position.
Wasn't Rocket Ismail the other way around?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018