Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 17

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Bears @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 17

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: He played in the second half. Cole had a good game yesterday. He showed a lot of hustle.
I meant I wasn't able to see the second half. :) I was asking how he played during the half I missed.

I like hustle.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cole seems like a good nickel or outside LB. I don't know if he's the best base MLB.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:I meant I wasn't able to see the second half. :) I was asking how he played during the half I missed.

I like hustle.
He probably had fresh legs. :lol:

Seriously, I think he's basically a "hustle player" and consequently, his best role may be as a solid, reliable backup.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

S197 wrote:Cole seems like a good nickel or outside LB. I don't know if he's the best base MLB.
Some poster was complaining about his size but at 6-4 240 lbs. with really good closing speed, I see no problem there at all.
He seems to give 110 percent on every play and I love watching his development. He was one of the players that Coach Zim was very interested in seeing how he would play in this starting role and by all acounts he was not at all disappointed. I look forward to the team extending him with his contract.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote:He probably had fresh legs. :lol:

Seriously, I think he's basically a "hustle player" and consequently, his best role may be as a solid, reliable backup.
Oh. That kind of reminds me how my mom complimented me when I ran the 400 low hurdles in high school, not exactly finishing first in a particular race. "You had a really good stride."

Oh. Uh, thanks mom.

I guess I'm just desperate for improved linebacker play and he was making plays, the only guy outside of Barr and occasionally Hodges we had doing that. He jumped out at me and I was excited for a minute. :(

#needmoarbackers
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Oh. That kind of reminds me how my mom complimented me when I ran the 400 low hurdles in high school, not exactly finishing first in a particular race. "You had a really good stride."

Oh. Uh, thanks mom.
:lol:
I guess I'm just desperate for improved linebacker play and he was making plays, the only guy outside of Barr and occasionally Hodges we had doing that. He jumped out at me and I was excited for a minute. :(

#needmoarbackers
I understand. I think that hashtagged slogan will be quite popular among Vikings fans this offseason.
MusicCityViking
Backup

Post by MusicCityViking »

Audie Cole and Adam Thielen played absolutely wonderful football. Cole made a couple mistakes but also made huge plays when we needed them. Thielen was (once again) key on special teams and caught that deep touchdown pass that ultimately was the difference in the game.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

MusicCityViking wrote:Audie Cole and Adam Thielen played absolutely wonderful football. Cole made a couple mistakes but also made huge plays when we needed them. Thielen was (once again) key on special teams and caught that deep touchdown pass that ultimately was the difference in the game.
Hopefully they get rid of Greenway already, instead of continuing to keep him around with pay cuts. We have other guys on the roster who can more than fill his shoes, and cost a fraction.