Capt. Munnerlyn

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Vette3434
Backup

Capt. Munnerlyn

Post by Vette3434 »

Is it true that if we cut him after the season we only lose $600K in dead money and save $3.1 mil? If that's true Spielman would be an idiot not to make that move.

Zimmers reaction today on one of his slack #### plays was priceless

http://i.imgur.com/Pkucfh9.gif
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Capt. Munnerlyn

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Vette3434 wrote:Is it true that if we cut him after the season we only lose $600K in dead money and save $3.1 mil? If that's true Spielman would be an idiot not to make that move.

Zimmers reaction today on one of his slack #### plays was priceless

http://i.imgur.com/Pkucfh9.gif
I haven't seen captain do anything to earn his paycheck, other then being slightly better then Robinson in the slot. But then, who isn't?
cromulus
Backup

Post by cromulus »

Zimmer is the best. Can't say the same for all our players but I expect better next year.
3Deep
Practice Squad

Post by 3Deep »

I was really excited when we signed Captain... What a huge disappointment he has been on the field this year though. If we can cut him I would be all for it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I think the biggest disappointment is he was supposed to be solid in run support but has missed some very key open field tackles. To make it in this league at that size, ala Winfield, Tillman, etc. you have to be able to tackle well.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

However, today, he had great position but just got beat by great balls.....yeah that sounds weird
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Looks like Brinkley is none too pleased, as well.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Disappointed is one word that summarizes my feelings toward Captain. We still need another corner across from Xavier, but in the slot, you could do worse than Captain. I am willing to give him another year.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Munnerlyn has sucked since week 1. Huge disappointment. I thought he'd be steady and provide veteran leadership. Can't say if he's been a leader in the locker room, but he certainly hasn't been doing it by example.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Capt. Munnerlyn

Post by DK Sweets »

S197 wrote:I think the biggest disappointment is he was supposed to be solid in run support but has missed some very key open field tackles. To make it in this league at that size, ala Winfield, Tillman, etc. you have to be able to tackle well.
I hate to nitpick (I agree with your post) but if you're talking about Charles Tillman, he' 6'2.

Between that correction and my avatar, I hope I can be recognized as the board's peanut expert (God I hope somebody gets that bad joke...)
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

DKSweets wrote:I hate to nitpick (I agree with your post) but if you're talking about Charles Tillman, he' 6'2.

Between that correction and my avatar, I hope I can be recognized as the board's peanut expert (God I hope somebody gets that bad joke...)
Because his nickname is Peanut Tillman lol. I don't know why though. :)
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

maybe he should change his name to Butter Bar :point:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I say we demote him to Private Munnerlyn until he gets his #### together.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

frosted wrote:I say we demote him to Private Munnerlyn until he gets his #### together.
Seems legit.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

DKSweets wrote:I hate to nitpick (I agree with your post) but if you're talking about Charles Tillman, he' 6'2.

Meant Tim Jennings, the other Bears corner that made the Pro Bowl (who is 5'8). Always get the two mixed up for some reason :oops: