2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norfolk State EDGE/TE Lynden Trail visited the Vikings and is traveling to the Dolphins on Thursday, according to Aaron Wilson.
Trail is an intriguing prospect from a frame perspective, measuring 6'7/270 lbs but testing like an average athlete. Teams will try him at end, linebacker and Trail even took snaps at tight end during Senior Bowl week.
Source: National Football Post
Thu, Apr 09 2015 10:29 AM
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 80e06abfaf

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but this is the highlight video that we showed at the "Top 30 Draft Prospect" event. Pretty bad a** video :rock:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@markcraignfl #Vikings work out Old Dominion basketball player Richard Ross, an athlete who has caught the NFL's eye:
http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... all-player
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Jimmy Graham 2.0! Championship!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Very interesting statistics regarding Duke OG, Laken Tomlinson.....
Tomlinson is the only guard out Pro Football Focus graded in the FBS to make the top 10 in both run-blocking and pass-blocking efficiency, ranking first overall as a pass-blocker.

Without allowing a single player to knock down the quarterback, Tomlinson may be the best pass-protector at any position along the offensive line in this year's draft, and the Vikings could use that kind of upgrade on their roster.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Very interesting statistics regarding Duke OG, Laken Tomlinson.....
I saw that. Definitely one to keep in mind. But important to remember that I don't think Kalil was charged with allowing a sack his entire last year in college.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: I saw that. Definitely one to keep in mind. But important to remember that I don't think Kalil was charged with allowing a sack his entire last year in college.
I'm pretty sure McKinnie wasn't either.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Very interesting statistics regarding Duke OG, Laken Tomlinson.....
Laken Tomlinson is this year's Larry Warford. He would be an excellent addition to the team. Another player at guard I like a lot is Ali Marpet from Hobart.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

http://houseofhouston.com/2015/03/13/ho ... patterson/

Second article I have seen on Patterson and Houston Texans looking into him....

I know a lot of fans love Patterson.... This is a deep draft with receivers and this could be interesting move if the
Texans really want him ?? 2nd round pick or better ??
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

jackal wrote:http://houseofhouston.com/2015/03/13/ho ... patterson/

Second article I have seen on Patterson and Houston Texans looking into him....

I know a lot of fans love Patterson.... This is a deep draft with receivers and this could be interesting move if the
Texans really want him ?? 2nd round pick or better ??

that article is from March
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I also saw a Vikings beat writer writing about it as well

I hope learned his trade and we have three Tall, Fast and
Skilled wideouts (Wallace , Johson and Patterson) not
mention Wright and McKinnon . Peterson would have
a field day;however, I don't think Peterson is here after the
the drsft.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Hey ya'll. OP is updated (as best as I can tell), to reflect our current roster/cap situation. Sorry it's been a while - I have been wrapped up with work, baseball (go Twins!), golfing, and nice weather :D

Draft is coming up FAST! Hope to be around more the next few weeks for Viking discussion.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hmm...If I'm Rick I'm sorely tempted to offer a later-round pick and use him as WLB/DE. He has the size Zimmer looks for at either position. 6'6/275, 4.6-flat forty. Though his contributions on the field have been underwhelming.

---
Dolphins VP of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum shed little light Friday on Dion Jordan's absence from the offseason program.

"If someone choses not to be here, that's their decision," Tannenbaum said. Jordan has endured suspensions, ineffectiveness, and an inability to establish a meaningful role on the Dolphins' defense since Jeff Ireland traded up to make Jordan the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 draft. At this point, the Dolphins might be willing to trade Jordan for a late-round pick. Apr 24 - 2:16 PM
Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Alabama WR Amari Cooper visited 10 teams who hold picks in the top 12, per Aaron Wilson.
Those 10 teams include the Buccaneers, Titans, Jaguars, Redskins, Jets, Bears, Falcons, Giants, Rams and Browns. The two in the top 12 who did not bring Cooper in were the Raiders and Vikings. Many have mocked Cooper to the Raiders, including us. Amari will not be waiting long on draft day.
Source: National Football Post
Fri, Apr 24 2015 2:17 PM
Well that kind of sucks
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Well that kind of sucks

Eh... it doesn't necessarily mean the Vikings aren't interested.