2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Im not sold on Foster, but if we managed Perryman or Spikes, I would be happy. I think Perryman is under rated and hopefully stays that way till the draft. I love watching his highlights. He is so fasts, fights off tackles, and hits as hard as any LB I have seen. I don't really understand the knock on his height. He is a LB, not a DE.
Agree on Perryman. As for Foster, he's simply a younger, more athletic Brandon Spikes which is why he is more intriguing than Spikes IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

So I now have a favorite. Just read the following.

Devante Parker
Particulars: 6-3, 208, senior
Buzz: He was Teddy Bridgewater's favorite receiver at Louisville. He has been clocked at 4.39 seconds in the 40-yard dash, and his vertical jump has been measured at 36.5 inches and his broad jump at 10-foot-10. He can squat 455 pounds and bench press 335 pounds; he also can do 17 reps in the bench press at 225 pounds. In addition, he has a wing span of 80 inches, so when you factor in his height and his vertical jump, his "catch radius" is exceptionally large, which should make any starting QB smile.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

John_Viveiros wrote: Another LB/RB Hybrid, like Barr? I was wondering if that would be just too strange to attempt.
I saw only a few very condensed game films, but things just seem to happen when this guy is around the ball. He seems to one of those players with a knack for being in the right place at the right time to pick off an errant throw, scoop up a fumble or rip out a ball when the ball carrier is fighting for yardage. He really reminded of the kind of guys Chicago used to have when they could play defense under Lovie Smith, when they always forced ridiculous amounts of turnovers.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

IIsweet wrote:So I now have a favorite. Just read the following.

Devante Parker
Particulars: 6-3, 208, senior
Buzz: He was Teddy Bridgewater's favorite receiver at Louisville. He has been clocked at 4.39 seconds in the 40-yard dash, and his vertical jump has been measured at 36.5 inches and his broad jump at 10-foot-10. He can squat 455 pounds and bench press 335 pounds; he also can do 17 reps in the bench press at 225 pounds. In addition, he has a wing span of 80 inches, so when you factor in his height and his vertical jump, his "catch radius" is exceptionally large, which should make any starting QB smile.
We will be so lucky, and in such good shape, if we get Cooper or Parker. They are truly awesome in their own way.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: We will be so lucky, and in such good shape, if we get Cooper or Parker. They are truly awesome in their own way.
He's ranked as the 3rd best WR in a lot of places but I'd be happy with him. Especially if they were able to trade back into the 1st and get him late the same way they got Bridgewater.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

2015 Offseason - Free Agent/Draft Tracker

Post by DK Sweets »

I know this would be a bit unconventional, but I'd like to see the Vikes target Antonio Cromartie on a two-year deal this offseason. This guy made a great tandem with Revis in New York, then he became the number one lockdown guy for the Jets, and last year in Arizona he played great football. If you start playing press man with Cromartie and Rhodes, let Harrison Smith roam, and find consistency at LB....this defense could be REALLY good.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

I think the only splash signing this team makes is Maualuga, and that's because of his connection with zimmer. Iupati would be amazing but I would rather spend the money on an every down mlb who's under 30 and doesn't have that bad of an injury history. I think we can hit with a guard in the middle rounds and go after Rey, especially seeing how harry the hitman is due for a big payday and that's one this team can't afford to let go.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Boon wrote:I think the only splash signing this team makes is Maualuga, and that's because of his connection with zimmer. Iupati would be amazing but I would rather spend the money on an every down mlb who's under 30 and doesn't have that bad of an injury history. I think we can hit with a guard in the middle rounds and go after Rey, especially seeing how harry the hitman is due for a big payday and that's one this team can't afford to let go.
Not dissing your point, but we don't use a MLB as an every down LB do we? I believe we run out of the nickel as much as we do the base 4-3.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

I know Zimmer is the HC, but I would imagine in these offseason FA/draft meetings Norv will also have a strong influence. It will be interesting to see which way Rick goes with this first round selection or if Zimmer acquiesces (sp?) To Norv and the offense.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

It sure would be nice if the NFL would let us know whats going on with AD sooner rather then later.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

mmvikes wrote: Not dissing your point, but we don't use a MLB as an every down LB do we? I believe we run out of the nickel as much as we do the base 4-3.
he played for zimmer in cincy, they know each other pretty well I would imagine and zim would know how to use him
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Peterson has done about everything wrong in this
talked to the police without lawyer
didn't handle the apology public opinion well
then exposed media head guys in public .. leading them
to not want to help him
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

mmvikes wrote:I know Zimmer is the HC, but I would imagine in these offseason FA/draft meetings Norv will also have a strong influence. It will be interesting to see which way Rick goes with this first round selection or if Zimmer acquiesces (sp?) To Norv and the offense.

personally i think we go defense heavy in free agency and offensive early in the draft. i get that zimmer's a defensive guy, but so was rex ryan with the jets, and he continually ignored his offense for defensive draft picks. gotta support your franchise qb imo. zimmer rolled out a pretty good defense with the pieces we had. if we add a vet corner and a couple of front seven types it could be top ten as is.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

mmvikes wrote: Not dissing your point, but we don't use a MLB as an every down LB do we? I believe we run out of the nickel as much as we do the base 4-3.
I have to believe that Zimmer would have preferred to stay in base a little more than we did, but Brinkley is a liability in a pass coverage, so it necessitated us going to nickel quite a bit.

I'd prefer if we stayed away from Maualuga, though, just my take.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

slapnut19 wrote:
personally i think we go defense heavy in free agency and offensive early in the draft. i get that zimmer's a defensive guy, but so was rex ryan with the jets, and he continually ignored his offense for defensive draft picks. gotta support your franchise qb imo. zimmer rolled out a pretty good defense with the pieces we had. if we add a vet corner and a couple of front seven types it could be top ten as is.
Hopefully there are a couple of hidden gems among the FA CBs that Zimmer can coach up into quality players. I do believe we should address LG through FA also as our top priority. Of course, Zim and Rick may think I am an idiot with that line of thinking. Lol