What position would you choose?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

What position would you choose?

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The owner, the GM, the head of scouting, the head coach, one of the coordinators, or the QB, or another position? If you could choose your dream job within the Vikings, what would it be? Being the owner would be great but mostly for my ego.
I would love to be the head of scouting, shaping the face of the team.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
losperros
Commissioner

Re: What position would you choose?

Post by losperros »

I would love to be a head coach, IF I had the experience to actually do it. I'd love to apply my vision of what the Vikings team should be. Maybe ego on my part, but some of it is the creative challenge, too.

I think offensive coordinator and GM would come in second and third, respectively.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CbusVikesFan wrote:The owner, the GM, the head of scouting, the head coach, one of the coordinators, or the QB, or another position? If you could choose your dream job within the Vikings, what would it be? Being the owner would be great but mostly for my ego.
I would love to be the head of scouting, shaping the face of the team.
Great thread idea!

When I was younger, my dream would have been to play RB. Now, I like the sound of owner. Not only would that mean I'd be rich (which sounds pretty good) but in any other position, you can be fired. As owner, I could be associated with the Vikings for life. :)
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

GM or Defensive Coordinator.

If I was a player, I would be a strong safety.

Oh, if only..did I ever tell you guys about this time in high school when I made 17 tack...

Oh, never mind.

:lol:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

GM by a longshot!!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would say the GM
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

GM (cant be any worse then Rick...I joke I joke!).

Although if I were owner, that would mean I would be loaded....so Im switching over to owner!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:GM (cant be any worse then Rick...I joke I joke!).

Although if I were owner, that would mean I would be loaded....so Im switching over to owner!
Lol, most everyone going for the money!!! SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! :thumbsup:
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mothman wrote: Great thread idea!

When I was younger, my dream would have been to play RB. Now, I like the sound of owner. Not only would that mean I'd be rich (which sounds pretty good) but in any other position, you can be fired. As owner, I could be associated with the Vikings for life. :)
When I was a young lad I wanted to be Fran the Man! I could throw a nice spiral. Better than most of these humps they call QB's. :rock:
Great thread idea! :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Director of Scouting. As much as I like GM, I know I'm not nearly qualified for it and you receive so much criticism. But I think it'd be a lot of fun to really get deep into film of college guys and predicting how they're going to turn out in the NFL. I'd get quite a bit of satisfaction nailing a scouting report, getting a mid or late-round guy and watching him become a stud. I also think it'd be a lot of fun to get in a room and discuss opinions of various potential NFL players with other people and debating.

As to player position, either quarterback or receiver.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

If I actually had the wish I'd go owner. Being rich and connected to the team ... awesome view of every game ... very little media heat.

Realistically I'd go director of Football Information Systems though, I think. I'm already in the field and know I enjoy the work, so that's helpful. Plus seeing all the data that the team combs through and helping to get scouting reports written and stuff actually sounds pretty cool.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Director of Scouting. As much as I like GM, I know I'm not nearly qualified for it and you receive so much criticism. But I think it'd be a lot of fun to really get deep into film of college guys and predicting how they're going to turn out in the NFL. I'd get quite a bit of satisfaction nailing a scouting report, getting a mid or late-round guy and watching him become a stud. I also think it'd be a lot of fun to get in a room and discuss opinions of various potential NFL players with other people and debating.

As to player position, either quarterback or receiver.
Must be great to have a career like our Scott Studwell. :rock: First, to have the name Studwell. I mean, come on. Played the LB position with a name like Studwell and live up to the name? And he has been with the organization for years. As part of the scouting staff. Some people are just blessed. lol :smilevike:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'm impressed with everyone. Not a single sexual answer so far in response to the question.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Cliff wrote:I'm impressed with everyone. Not a single sexual answer so far in response to the question.
:rofl: I just realized how the topic header could be interpreted. Open up Pandora's box, will you?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Cliff wrote:I'm impressed with everyone. Not a single sexual answer so far in response to the question.
Call me "Old Fashioned" but I still prefer the Missionary position. But that is just me :wink: :lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.