This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Miami Dolphins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Miami Dolphins

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote:I root for them to win, when it matters. It doesn't now. And the idea that playing the 4th place finisher isn't an advantage?

Is it? The Bills finished in 4th place last year. The Jets finished in second. Would it be an advantage to play the Bills instead of the Jets this season?

The Texans finished in last place in 2013. The Jags finished in third. Which teams is it better to face this season?

Can anyone say with complete assurance now, whether the Giants will be better than the Redskins at whatever point the Vikes might play one of them next season or that Atlanta will definitely be better than Tampa Bay?

Quick! What's the order of finish in every division in the NFL next year? ;)
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mothman wrote:

Is it? The Bills finished in 4th place last year. The Jets finished in second. Would it be an advantage to play the Bills instead of the Jets this season?

The Texans finished in last place in 2013. The Jags finished in third. Which teams is it better to face this season?

Can anyone say with complete assurance now, whether the Giants will be better than the Redskins at whatever point the Vikes might play one of them next season or that Atlanta will definitely be better than Tampa Bay?

Quick! What's the order of finish in every division in the NFL next year? ;)
Good post and point
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Does anything think they won't be better? Eli/Ryan vs...who? Colt McCoy? Glennon? Jameis...maybe Cutler I guess...

Right now I know the Falcons and Giants are better than the Redskins and Bucs. And with the lack of talent at the most important position in the game, I'm pretty close to complete assurance that it will remain that way.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote: Does anything think they won't be better? Eli/Ryan vs...who? Colt McCoy? Glennon? Jameis...maybe Cutler I guess...

Right now I know the Falcons and Giants are better than the Redskins and Bucs. And with the lack of talent at the most important position in the game, I'm pretty close to complete assurance that it will remain that way.
The jets were 2nd in the division last year with ZERO talent at the most important position and now they are last. Bottom line is, anything can happen
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

frosted wrote:
* Matt Kalil seemed to hold up much better this week and the past few weeks. Hopefully he's working some of his problems out.
Sorry I'm so late coming into this, Frosted. Busy with work related things. Great job as always. I love reading these threads by you! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I think the above statement about Matt Kalil is important. If there is any possible way that Kalil can work through his problems and become the force as an OT that we saw glimpses of during his rookie year, that would be fantastic news for the Vikings. They really need that. I'm pulling for the guy to succeed.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

losperros wrote: Sorry I'm so late coming into this, Frosted. Busy with work related things. Great job as always. I love reading these threads by you! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I think the above statement about Matt Kalil is important. If there is any possible way that Kalil can work through his problems and become the force as an OT that we saw glimpses of during his rookie year, that would be fantastic news for the Vikings. They really need that. I'm pulling for the guy to succeed.
That's exactly why I am nowhere near giving up on him yet. Its not like he's 30+ years old and has always struggled like Charlie Johnson has. This is why LG is a way bigger need than LT is right now.
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: That's exactly why I am nowhere near giving up on him yet. Its not like he's 30+ years old and has always struggled like Charlie Johnson has. This is why LG is a way bigger need than LT is right now.
Along with having a year left on his rookie deal. There's no way you don't give him another year before pulling the plug and making any sort of significant investment at the position.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: That's exactly why I am nowhere near giving up on him yet. Its not like he's 30+ years old and has always struggled like Charlie Johnson has. This is why LG is a way bigger need than LT is right now.
I hope Matt Kalil fails miserably.

That gives us a better chance to lose out, which allows us to use our slightly higher draft pick to get a slightly better left tackle and dominate our marginally weaker opponents next year. That is, until we're eliminated from playoff consideration, at which time I hope the new, slightly better left tackle also shows signs of epic failure, helping us lose the rest of our games and guaranteeing a marginally higher draft position in 2016.

And at THAT point, we'll have a powerhouse team worthy of opening our new stadium.

Yeah. That should work.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Too far off topic people :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I hope Matt Kalil fails miserably.

That gives us a better chance to lose out, which allows us to use our slightly higher draft pick to get a slightly better left tackle and dominate our marginally weaker opponents next year. That is, until we're eliminated from playoff consideration, at which time I hope the new, slightly better left tackle also shows signs of epic failure, helping us lose the rest of our games and guaranteeing a marginally higher draft position in 2016.

And at THAT point, we'll have a powerhouse team worthy of opening our new stadium.

Yeah. That should work.
LOL! Impeccable logic. Maybe the Vikings should draft to fail the next few years. :thumbsup:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Hyperbole for the win! Right after I support Kalil. :rofl:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I hope Matt Kalil fails miserably.

Yeah. That should work.
This is some pretty ridiculous logic
-Chazz Palminteri
MichViking
Transition Player

Post by MichViking »

Great post J.Kapp :lol:

I guess some people didnt catch your sarcasm towards Demi.
RIP Sean Taylor
Wild Bill
Transition Player

Post by Wild Bill »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I must say....I never root for my team to lose. No matter kind of year we are having

A good buddy roots against us when "indicated" I may try in my head to do that but when I see players on the field it goes out the window. Fan is short for fanatic right? I have too much emotion tied up with these guys to root "strategically" To each their own I guess.
Wild Bill
"Sometimes We Live No Particular Way But Our Own"...Hunter,Garcia