Survivor Advice 3.0!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

stevo56
Practice Squad

Survivor Advice 3.0!

Post by stevo56 »

Well, once again it took a little bit of luck to get us through! That RGIII Non-TD call was a huge swing in the game for us!!

You guys have been an incredible help to me over the past 2 weeks, I hope Im not pissing anyone off by coming back and picking your brains every day!

On to week 16, here we go!!

Pick #1 is going to be Packers @ Tampa Bay, which we feel good about especially with GB coming off a loss
Pick #2 is going to be the Eagles @ Washington. We feel ok about this, but road division games are always tricky.
Pick #3 is where we are at a stand still. At the bottom of the post I will post who we have remaining along with the remaining schedule

We are trying to save the Cowboys, Falcons, and probably the Texans for week 17, Although the Texans are questionable now with their QB situation up in the air.

We have basically narrowed it down to SOMEONE in the Jags/Texans game or Carolina vs Browns

Any input you guys have would be incredibly helpful, please let me know what you think. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Browns......@ Panthers ........ @ Ravens
Bucs......VS Packers..............VS Saints
Cardinals....@ Seahawks ....... VS 49ers
Cowboys ....VS Colts......@ Redskins
Eagles...... @ Redskins......@ Giants
Falcons ..... @ Saints ......VS Panthers
Jaguars ...... VS Titans .....@ Texans
Packers.....@ Bucs......VS Lions
Panthers......VS Browns......@ Falcons
Raiders......VS Bills ...... VS Broncos
Redskins.....VS Eagles......VS Cowboys
Texans.....VS Ravens......VS Jaguars
Titans......@ Jaguars.......VS Colts
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Survivor Advice 3.0!

Post by DK Sweets »

Whew. Tough slate.

Based off of a gut feeling, I would think Carolina at home against the Browns is a good bet. Derek Anderson is serviceable if Cam doesn't play, and the Browns look like they're in the midst of a free-fall. Also, you would think that Carolina's defense would be able to hold the Manziel led Browns to minimal points, and they should have a good idea on how to limit the back-breaking scrambles after seeing how teams play Cam Newton/going against him in camp. The Panthers also have more to play for.

I like the first two picks, though. Sorry we couldn't narrow down the playing field for you yesterday!
stevo56
Practice Squad

Post by stevo56 »

Haha thanks Sweets! No worries, I was just happy to move on! lol Vikings winning would just have been a bonus!
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

I think you have to go with Carolina. They have a good defense and the Browns looked so completely inept this past week.

How many are left now and what do their matchups look like?
stevo56
Practice Squad

Post by stevo56 »

Glad you asked that Maembe. We didn't lose many this week, down to 16. A bunchhhh of people had the Lions so I was back on the Vikings band wagon all afternoon lol.

Heres the catch. Every single person remaining, all have the panthers available to pick. So my reasoning for liking the Jags was that I assume most if not ALL of the remaining players take the Panthers, and the Browns somehow win the game....that's it, its all over.

This, I fear, is going to be one hell of a debate with my group..... :wallbang:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm going to feel like a clown if I'm wrong, but I think you might be overthinking things by picking the team that you think nobody else is going to pick. But I understand your logic...when playing for that kind of money, go big or go home.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I would go Panthers over Brown. Johnny Football is not going from Chris Weinke to Joe Montana in a week.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Raptorman wrote:I would go Panthers over Brown. Johnny Football is not going from Chris Weinke to Joe Montana in a week.

I agree. I watched a lot of that game and JFB looked really far from being even somewhat serviceable. Cincy's D was really amped up to beat him, but I just don't see Johnny figuring out the pro game that fast, (if ever). In your position, I'd try to not think about what others are likely to pick and I'd try to focus more on how the match ups look and feel--in other words, the same recipe that's gotten you here; splitting the pot would be sweet too, after all, so if you all go with the same picks there's still a reward.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I obviously have no risk/gain in this whole epic string yet I find it is making my BP climb!
If you win this you HAVE to post pictures of the celebration!!!
This story is the Second most dramatic thing to happen on our site this year and by far the most upbeat......
stevo56
Practice Squad

Post by stevo56 »

haha thanks Purple! Ill also let everyone know where were going to and whoever wants to pay their way there wont pay a dollar upon arrival! haha. You guys have been a huge help really.

With kickoff about 32 Hours away, I have to say right now we are really leaning towards the Jags. The Panthers getting routed by you guys is holding a lot of water for me right now. If Cam Newton doesn't play in that game and its Andersen with Gilbert and Haden at CB I am petrified of picking that game. The problem is I doubt we know Cam Newtons status by tomorrow night, and that's not a chance we can take. We may have no choice but to take the Jags if theres no confirmation on Cam
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Whew. Picking a 2-12 team to win on the road with those kinds of stakes...I hope you have a good cardiologist. :lol:
stevo56
Practice Squad

Post by stevo56 »

DK, the Jags are home :mrgreen: lol. Part of the reason Im considering it. The worst team in football, traveling on a short week to play a division road game.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

stevo56 wrote:DK, the Jags are home :mrgreen: lol. Part of the reason Im considering it. The worst team in football, traveling on a short week to play a division road game.
:oops:

That makes more sense.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I guess i would take the Panthers, but i have absolutely nothing on the line. But i did find this...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/microsoft ... 57593.html
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars — Jaguars win, 51.5% chance (Jaguars -3)
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins — Eagles win, 72.9% chance (Eagles -7.5)
San Diego Chargers vs. San Francisco 49ers — Chargers win, 51.5% chance (49ers -2.5)
Minnesota Vikings vs. Miami Dolphins — Dolphins win, 70.2% chance (Dolphins -6.5)
Baltimore Ravens vs. Houston Texans — Ravens win, 56.6% chance (Ravens -5.5)
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears — Lions win, 64.4% chance (Lions -7)
Cleveland Browns vs. Carolina Panthers — Panthers win, 61.4% chance (Panthers -4)
Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints – Saints win, 72.9% chance (Saints -6)
Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Packers win, 78.9% chance (Packers -10.5)
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers — Steelers win, 68.8% chance (Steelers -3)
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets — Patriots win, 78.9% chance (Patriots -10)
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams — Rams win, 68.8% chance (Rams -5)
Buffalo Bills vs. Oakland Raiders — Bills win, 71.6% chance (Bills -5.5)
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys — Cowboys win, 55% chance (Cowboys -3)
Seattle Seahawks vs. Arizona Cardinals — Seahawks win, 64.4% chance (Seahawks -8)
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals — Broncos win, 64.4% chance (Broncos -3)
Every little bit helps
Formerly AADPFan
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Carolina would be very foolish to take the guy they based their whole team on and have him play so soon after vertebral fractures. I think they are just playing games by not simply announcing that they will rest him.