Vikings @ Lions Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Vikings @ Lions Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by yezzir »

Good morning and Skol!!!!!!!!

3:25 kickoff.

I'm getting a strong vibe that we are gonna win this game. We're seeing some steps forward from Teddy the Last couple weeks.

Prediction: Vikes 26, Lions 24
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings @ Lions Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I, on the other hand, am not as optimistic... I am thinking Detroit 27, Minnesota 14.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I, on the other hand, am not as optimistic... I am thinking Detroit 27, Minnesota 14.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm also thinking it the final score might be along those lines. I'll say Lions 27, Vikes 10.
Spiderbeavis
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Spiderbeavis »

Anyone know which crappy announcer team we're getting today?
Image "I ain't got time to bleed! Unless it's purple...in which case I can work it in."
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I'm thinking this will be a tough game. Hopefully not.

SKOL!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Clearly now the Vikes have next to nothing to play for except for pride and of course their paychecks and their future with the team :lol: as compared to the Lions struggling to somehow catch the Puke. A loss to an injury riddled Viking squad, at their house, would be devastating to them and so very sweet for the Purple guys.
If TB gets the ball quickly out of his hands and the o-line gives him a little time then the sack total will be maybe 3 instead of 8. I am sure Norv has devised some type of "plan" to help negate their rush.
On D, the obvious key would be a great pass rush and extra good coverage on their receivers. "Light up" Megatron even if it costs them a penalty or two (make a statement).
I see a chance for a huge upset but I am not banking on it. As is the truth in every game, turnovers can/do play a significant role in the outcome of the game.
So here is hoping for a great game :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

I'd love for the Vikes to steal one here. Would have much more preferred to help a GB demise. Out of all the teams that have a shot to make the playoffs, surprisingly, the Lions would be a team I would root for to win it all. I despise all of the other teams. The Vikings have beaten up the Lions over the years, so not as a bigger rival as the others in the division. So, the Lions are my dark horse, underdog favorite. By default. :confused:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Purple bruise wrote:Clearly now the Vikes have next to nothing to play for except for pride and of course their paychecks and their future with the team :lol: as compared to the Lions struggling to somehow catch the Puke. A loss to an injury riddled Viking squad, at their house, would be devastating to them and so very sweet for the Purple guys.
If TB gets the ball quickly out of his hands and the o-line gives him a little time then the sack total will be maybe 3 instead of 8. I am sure Norv has devised some type of "plan" to help negate their rush.
On D, the obvious key would be a great pass rush and extra good coverage on their receivers. "Light up" Megatron even if it costs them a penalty or two (make a statement).
I see a chance for a huge upset but I am not banking on it. As is the truth in every game, turnovers can/do play a significant role in the outcome of the game.
So here is hoping for a great game :thumbsup:
So what you're saying is that you hope the Lions come down with a case of the Yipps? :rofl:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

CbusVikesFan wrote: So what you're saying is that you hope the Lions come down with a case of the Yipps? :rofl:
The more Yipps the better :wink:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Spiderbeavis wrote:Anyone know which crappy announcer team we're getting today?

:lol: Seriously.

It's Chris Myers and Ronde Barber. Not the worst, but I don't like many of these FOX announcers.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Spiderbeavis wrote:Anyone know which crappy announcer team we're getting today?
Chris Myers, Ronde Barber
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Damn late game again? And not even on tv.... guess I'll go see how Johnny Football is doing.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Lions by 10 seems logical. I think the Vikings win if things go the right way and they catch a few breaks though. Offense is gonna have to stay consistent throughout and keep drives going.
Ardenn
Backup

Post by Ardenn »

S197 wrote:Damn late game again? And not even on tv.... guess I'll go see how Johnny Football is doing.
Getting blown out, 2/5 for 1 yard and 1 int, two rushes for -6 yards. Only first down produced was from an automatic first down penalty.
A dumpster fire, like I expected.
We could have had this guy on our team. Thank god we don't. Thank you homeless man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Ardenn wrote: Getting blown out, 2/5 for 1 yard and 1 int, two rushes for -6 yards. Only first down produced was from an automatic first down penalty.
A dumpster fire, like I expected.
We could have had this guy on our team. Thank god we don't. Thank you homeless man.
Yeah he looks horrid. Looks like a typical college QB like Tim Tebow and others. Relies on his legs, won't stand in the pocket, spraying the ball all over the field, just terrible. So glad we took Barr and followed it up with Teddy. It's continuing to look like a very smart move by Spielman
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri