Chase Ford

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Chase Ford

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Was he active today? Since Rudolph came back we haven't seen much of Ford... I was hoping he and Rudolph would form a nice TE duo for Teddy.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Re: Chase Ford

Post by Demi »

Doesn't block well enough. Or practice well enough? Or make not-plays well enough?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Was he active today? Since Rudolph came back we haven't seen much of Ford... I was hoping he and Rudolph would form a nice TE duo for Teddy.
Ford was active today.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This has more to do with Kyle rudolph than Ford but...

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... until-2015
Offensive coordinator Norv Turner said today that Rudolph hasn’t regained the explosiveness and the quickness — “the things we got so excited about going into training camp,” as he put it — from this summer and Turner doesn’t think Rudolph will be able to get it back until 2015.

“I don’t think he’ll be all the way back until we get into camp next year,” he said. “When you have that type of procedure, I think it takes a while to recover. He’s working hard at it and he’s a competitive guy. But he doesn’t have the same quickness or burst that he had when we broke camp. And to me, when you have that procedure, it takes a while to get it. He’s still playing at less than 100 percent.”
Which begs the question: If Rudolph is still limited, why don’t the Vikings use Chase Ford more?
“We’d like to,” Turner said. “He’s a good receiver and he did some good things. I don’t know, we’ve got some things where he’s going to be involved, hopefully we can get to him. We’ve had things each week where he’s involved and sometimes you’re able to get to him and sometimes you aren’t.”
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:This has more to do with Kyle rudolph than Ford but...

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... until-2015
I still don't fully understand why the Vikings sometimes have problems getting a good offensive player on the field.

The question remains valid: If Rudolph is still limited, why don’t the Vikings use Chase Ford more?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I agree. Kyle is the better TE when he is 100%. But over the past2-5 years, that hasn't happened too often. And Chase was really showing his skills. And he CAN block. Someone was saying he wasn't a good blocker, he is much better then Kyle imo. I don't know why they risk Kyle when he isn't 100%. And I personally don't think injury has anything to do with CP's underperforming, just sit him completely for a few weeks if he is. The seasons over.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

losperros wrote: I still don't fully understand why the Vikings sometimes have problems getting a good offensive player on the field.

The question remains valid: If Rudolph is still limited, why don’t the Vikings use Chase Ford more?
And Norv readily admits it for both Ford and Patterson. I agree, it doesn't make sense.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote: I still don't fully understand why the Vikings sometimes have problems getting a good offensive player on the field.

Apparently, Norv doesn't know, which is a dodge if I've ever heard one.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Norv to me is to stubborn to change what he does.

He has a formula that worked at one time, but he won't adapt it to the current situation or players he has.
To me New England is the best at this in the league. They take their strengths and adapt them to maximize
the other teams weakness's.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!