A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

TB rating today. Still progressing! :rock: And that is counting the hail mary at end of first half for an int or his rating would have been 133.1.
Last edited by purplehaze on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
S197
Fenrir

Re: 117.9

Post by S197 »

He also lost some points on the Johnson fumble/TD.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 117.9

Post by purplehaze »

S197 wrote:He also lost some points on the Johnson fumble/TD.
Yeah could have been 3Td's. :thumbsup:
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: 117.6

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

He was on all day, played much better then the 117 shows. But Ill take a 117 everyday. And Zimmer had nothing but praise for him after the game. Like the audible teddy made at the end of game.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:He was on all day, played much better then the 117 shows. But Ill take a 117 everyday. And Zimmer had nothing but praise for him after the game. Like the audible teddy made at the end of game.
He got his 2nd 300 yard passing game today as well. Fyi Ponder only had 2 in all his games (34 games).
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Is it bad that I get really annoyed when things that have no impact on the game negatively affect Teddy's stats (the fumble td and hail mary int)? Even if it has no bearing on how well Teddy actually played, I really want the people who didn't watch the game to be impressed with his stats.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

maembe wrote:Is it bad that I get really annoyed when things that have no impact on the game negatively affect Teddy's stats (the fumble td and hail mary int)? Even if it has no bearing on how well Teddy actually played, I really want the people who didn't watch the game to be impressed with his stats.
No, I feel you on that. I'm just glad we won though.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Should have had three TDs, but we won. I wish he didn't have the INT on the stat sheet either, but alas, all is well with a win.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
cromulus
Backup

Post by cromulus »

I'm really happy with his play. It seems every week he is progressing a little. I don't remember any really bad throws like we are used to seeing from Vikings QBs. He held on to the ball too long a couple times but that is progressing as well. I'd like to see him with a good offensive line.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

maembe wrote:Is it bad that I get really annoyed when things that have no impact on the game negatively affect Teddy's stats (the fumble td and hail mary int)? Even if it has no bearing on how well Teddy actually played, I really want the people who didn't watch the game to be impressed with his stats.
Stats don't always tell the whole truth. But it works both ways. Teddy gets credit for an 87 yard td pass where the pass wasn't even thrown beyond the line of scrimmage. Also the fumble didn't negatively affect his stats like the int, it just didn't add to his stats.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple Reign wrote: Stats don't always tell the whole truth. But it works both ways. Teddy gets credit for an 87 yard td pass where the pass wasn't even thrown beyond the line of scrimmage.
But the rest of his stats do. High completion percentage, was already over 200 yards previous to Wrights TD, threw a beautiful deep ball to Johnson, stood in the pocket for Johnson's "almost TD", etc. No matter what way you look at it, he played very good today
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

And the big stat is he now has a winning record as a starter. 5-4
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

what is perhaps the most impressive is that he is doing all of this with basically NO running game and a banged up line. i'm really impressed with charles johnson what a pleasant surprise he has been.
cromulus
Backup

Post by cromulus »

mosscarter wrote:what is perhaps the most impressive is that he is doing all of this with basically NO running game and a banged up line. i'm really impressed with charles johnson what a pleasant surprise he has been.
I wasn't sold on Charles Johnson until today. I hope he can keep playing at this level.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

cromulus wrote: I wasn't sold on Charles Johnson until today. I hope he can keep playing at this level.
I like Johnson but the one thing I continue to notice about him is that he is a lazy route runner. I've seen way too many routes where he slows up or even stops his route. Watch Rudolph's TD last week. He gave up on the final play vs Chicago as well. There have been others as well because I continue to point it out when I watch these games. I hope he can fix this or the coaches notice it
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri