Jets @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 14

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Jets @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 14

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... dfcc25fb26

I LOVE Mike Zimmer. We won, but he isn't going to let this team slap-dick around. Too many mistakes.

That being said, SKOL!!!! :smilevike:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote: It wasn't any single person or post. I was just in a happy, excited mood, ready to celebrate an exciting win and I was disappointed with what I encountered. That's my problem. People should post about the Vikings as they wish, as long as they stay within board rules. I'm not judging anyone, I was just frustrated in the moment...
Absolutely. I dropped in to see the reactions. This was a great win. I think we should all be singing the "Halleluiah Chorus."

Well, maybe not. I'm a horrible singer.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: I haven't for a few years, because he didn't seem to run good routes, despite getting off the line. But he really makes the most out of the balls thrown his way. And when Jennings goes (which I hope wont be too soon) he would make an awesome slot receiver.
Even though Jennings is being paid too much, you must admit, he is a pretty reliable WR for Teddy. He's our best route runner and catches everything thrown his way. I would like to keep him for at least 1 more year.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Mothman wrote: It would be wonderful.

Culpepper would have had a few more on his resumé if the team was able to play defense during some of those years.
Or if they blew fewer teams out. Comebacks/Game Winning Drives are a pretty silly stat, especially when our last three have been against bottom-feeders. Not to take anything away from the win, but if we had won by 13, would that mean Teddy was less impressive?
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Even though Jennings is being paid too much, you must admit, he is a pretty reliable WR for Teddy. He's our best route runner and catches everything thrown his way. I would like to keep him for at least 1 more year.
I would to. With some of the question marks we have in the receiver corp, we need a "steady eddie"
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PsyDanny wrote: I would to. With some of the question marks we have in the receiver corp, we need a "steady eddie"
Steady Eddie!!! Well put sir
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

mmvikes wrote:How many come from behind wins does Teddy have now? He already has more than Culpepper ever had in his whole career. If the game was on the line Pepps little hands were going to fumble.
Today's game doesn't count as a come from behind win as they were never behind, only tied (at least in the 2nd half).
Last edited by Purple Reign on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

maembe wrote: Teddy has two I think. Dante had 3 with 4 game winning drives... In his 1st year as a starter
I think we're getting mixed up a bit here. Today wasn't a come from behind win but it was a game winning drive.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

A.D_blazing wrote:
Yes it was an audible by the rookie....This kid is really smart QB!!
It turned out to be a great call and a great win for us today. But lets be honest, if that one defender hadn't missed the tackle, which would have been short of the 1st down, there would have been plenty of posters on here complaining about the call and not throwing past the 1st down marker.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purple Reign wrote: It turned out to be a great call and a great win for us today. But lets be honest, if that one defender hadn't missed the tackle, which would have been short of the 1st down, there would have been plenty of posters on here complaining about the call and not throwing past the 1st down marker.
But ... I prefer to deal with reality, not hypotheticals..and not just when it suits my point of view. What happened, happened. Great play by Jarius Wright, nice call at the line by Ted.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

frosted wrote: But ... I prefer to deal with reality, not hypotheticals..and not just when it suits my point of view. What happened, happened. Great play by Jarius Wright, nice call at the line by Ted.
I guess my point being that throwing short of the 1st down marker isn't always a bad thing. But when it doesn't work people are always ripping the play call.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Purple Reign wrote: I guess my point being that throwing short of the 1st down marker isn't always a bad thing. But when it doesn't work people are always ripping the play call.
I never got that complaint as well. There is such a thing as YAC. Also, I would think a shorter pass usually has a higher completion percentage so in some cases, the better play.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purple Reign wrote:
I guess my point being that throwing short of the 1st down marker isn't always a bad thing. But when it doesn't work people are always ripping the play call.
Good point.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Any word on the injuries to johnson the lineman and Johnson the receiver??
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

it is a risk reward play, but sometimes you need playmakers to make something happen and wright did on that play. keep in mind it was just last year when peterson was still breaking runs that long and we obviously don't have that now. it was good to see a clutch play when we needed it. this team has a lot of good young talent.