Carters son may make it in the NFL after all

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Grashopa
Franchise Player

Carters son may make it in the NFL after all

Post by Grashopa »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 32239.html

Looks like Duron Carter, son of Cris Carter, may get another chance to make an NFL squad. I seen much about him (have only followed his try out witht he vikings) but how do you all feel about him coming to the vikings? Sound like he has matured a bit and is approaching his full potential (albeit in the CFL). He is a little bigger than i thought he was also at 6-5 205lbs. I wouldnt be against giving him another chance.
Formerly AADPFan
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Carters son may make it in the NFL after all

Post by Purple Reign »

I don't think anyone would be against giving him another chance. It sounds like the only reason he didn't make it with the Vikings is because they thought he was too young and raw. That's a lot different than letting someone go because of personal issues (someone like Jerome Simpson). So as long as he shows he has the talent, why not?
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I hope we pick him up and he becomes a great receiver. Then in a few years we can get Moss' son too (TE/DE).
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I've seen a few highlights from him, so I have no idea about consistency. He looks like a mismatch, though. I'd be happy to have him in camp.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I am a Total Chris Carter fan....bit I am also aware that he is the King of Mass Media. He is so good at manipulating the cronies in sports broadcasting and I am sure that he is behind all media stories put out on his sons behalf. This might all be a lot of advertising and exaggeration.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

chicagopurple wrote:I am a Total Chris Carter fan...

Then you should drop that h out of his first name. ;) I mean no offense, but CC spells his name "Cris".
... bit I am also aware that he is the King of Mass Media. He is so good at manipulating the cronies in sports broadcasting and I am sure that he is behind all media stories put out on his sons behalf. This might all be a lot of advertising and exaggeration.
He certainly does what he can to promote his son, which is understandable, but he hasn't manipulated the CFL so his son could catch 124 passes for 1939 yards and 12 YDs over the past 2 seasons. The Vikes should sign Duron, get him into camp next year and see what he can do for them.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I hate people trying to look sharp by correcting grammar....its a blog....not great literary novel.....it makes you sound like a 3rd grade teacher.....

He might end up being a good WR, and we certainly need one, but I am weary of the self-promotion about how really smart he is, etc. We should give him a second chance. But no free pass just because his last name is Carter. Alot of 2nd and 3rd generation players are currently in the NFL and playing at a high lvl. A surprising amount, actually. Howie Longs kids stand out.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

chicagopurple wrote:I hate people trying to look sharp by correcting grammar....its a blog....not great literary novel.....it makes you sound like a 3rd grade teacher.....
When someone points out that you've made a mistake, there's no need to react as if that's a personal affront. I politely informed you of the correct spelling of Cris Carter's name and I didn't do it to "look sharp" but because it seems like something a "total fan" of CC might actually want to know. Knowing that people are sometimes sensitive about being corrected, I tried to phrase my comment politely, with clear intent not to offend, yet you chose to take offense anyway when all you had to do is simply file the information away for future use.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

and btw.....I should have written "wary" as in cautious...not "weary"...it does not fatigue me.......lololol
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

chicagopurple wrote:I hate people trying to look sharp by correcting grammar....its a blog....not great literary novel.....it makes you sound like a 3rd grade teacher.....

He might end up being a good WR, and we certainly need one, but I am weary of the self-promotion about how really smart he is, etc. We should give him a second chance. But no free pass just because his last name is Carter. Alot of 2nd and 3rd generation players are currently in the NFL and playing at a high lvl. A surprising amount, actually. Howie Longs kids stand out.
What is funny is you are kind of acting like a third grade student being offended by something that wasn't anything egregious on Jim's part.

He is the Vikings' all-time leader in receiving - it really shouldn't be that hard to spell his name correctly if you are such a big fan.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

Duron Carter is the real deal--in the CFL. He plays for the Montreal Alouettes and that team has had pretty substantial instability at QB over the past two years because of the retirement of Anthony Calvillo who is up there with Flutie and Moon as one of the greatest QB's in CFL history just without the recognition south of the border so his (Carter's) stats are probably deflated a bit because of that.

Personally, I don't see the harm in seeing how he might transition to American game.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote:
You spelled a HOF player's name wrong after saying you were a big fan.

But you're right, what good is spelling and grammar when writing to others? :confused:
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I actually misspelled his name in the original post, but a few minutes later i realized my mistake and came back and edited it. I consider myself a big Cris Carter fan, He is probably my first "favorite player" since i really started following football and the vikings in the early 90s. I still spelled his name wrong for a moment.

Here are some Duron Carter highlights that i found, not as impressive as the article might suggest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RqJsS_WDw
Formerly AADPFan
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I tought I heard somewhere he was signing with Seattle.

Edit: Just interest by Seattle

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... rters-son/
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Maybe we should try to sign Eli Manning because he is the brother of Peyton Manning.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk