Playoffs?!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Playoffs?!

Post by Purple Reign »

PacificNorseWest wrote:I agree, buuutt...All the teams in the playoffs are usually quality opponents and so would the Vikings be if they reeled off 5 straight to make it in. I think if that were to happen we might feel a bit more optimistic about our Vikings.

But yeah...This is all very doubtful. We'll see how it looks in two weeks. If there's still hope then maybe I"ll cheer a bit louder. :lol:
Even if we were to win 5 straight and miraculously make the playoffs, I still wouldn't consider us a 'quality' team. We benefit this year from a last place schedule. The Lions would be the only win over a quality team, and maybe you could consider Miami (who is currently losing to the Jets late in the 3rd). Just making the playoffs doesn't necessarily make you a quality team.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

four games straight would be a miracle finish ...

if we would have had Peterson this year with this defense we would have made a wildcard.

I am just glad we finally got some secondary performance and our DL has been awesome considering..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:Even if you choose Clay Matthews flipping his hair Baywatch style.
:rofl:
ponderwheelsbroads
Waterboy

Post by ponderwheelsbroads »

We had to lose that game to the Bills... :wallbang:
Toronto Maple Leafs, Minnesota Vikings, Toronto Blue Jays...it's not easy
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

ponderwheelsbroads wrote:We had to lose that game to the Bills... :wallbang:
Imagine if we had won the Buffalo, Chicago and Green bay games. 8-4 with 4 games left. What could have been if they hadn't found ways to choke away the games.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

imagine if cows could fly......
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

akvikingsfan wrote: Imagine if we had won the Buffalo, Chicago and Green bay games. 8-4 with 4 games left. What could have been if they hadn't found ways to choke away the games.
Imagine if we hadn't come from behind and lost the Tampa Bay, Washington and Atlanta games we would be 2-10. We would be in a much better draft position. :wink: Besides, I don't consider that we choked away the Chicago and Green Bay games, only Buffalo.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Purple Reign wrote: Imagine if we hadn't come from behind and lost the Tampa Bay, Washington and Atlanta games we would be 2-10. We would be in a much better draft position. :wink: Besides, I don't consider that we choked away the Chicago and Green Bay games, only Buffalo.
Story of this team. Seems like ever year "if" we're in the playoffs. "If" we're below .500. That's how it works for most teams...
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Just for those wondering, with Detroit's win today, we need Seattle and San Francisco to lose today.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

saint33 wrote:Just for those wondering, with Detroit's win today, we need Seattle and San Francisco to lose today.
It would be an absolute miracle. I don't see it happening! :o

Anyway, I just want this team to make it to 9-7.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: It would be an absolute miracle. I don't see it happening! :o

Anyway, I just want this team to make it to 9-7.
Agreed!
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

this team has already exceeded my expectations and its safe to say we've found our qb. those division game losses killed us (as they will with any team). other than the second green bay game we have played awful against our division.