#1 Offseason Priority?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What position should be #1 pick next year

LT
28%
LG
19%
MLB
14%
WR
36%
QB
3%

Total votes: 36

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: #1 Offseason Priority?

Post by Boon »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Regarding Kalil, that's exactly what I'm saying. That's why I picked guard. Johnson was never really good and is old. At least Kalil is still young and was good at one point. I would rather see a legitimate LG next to him in his last year. If it helps him and he plays better, awesome, if not, we go for a LT the following year.

As for CP, I wouldn't say he "can't" play the position. He just has a lot of learning to do. He has had ZERO consistency when it comes to offensive schemes. Now that he can settle down in this offense, I think he can come around. Probably not as a #1 but definitely as a #2 IMO
He's getting focused. He needs someone who is more dangerous on routes to take some attention away so he can start to see open space
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

If Amari Cooper is there then absolutely take him. Probably a top 7pick though. I
Right now Kevin White, Jaelen Strong, Devante Parker are the other top WRs imo. Depending where we draft, I take any of them.
OL seems pretty deep so rd 2 OG Arie Kuondijo from 'Bama works for me, or either Florida State Guard.
I also think that we lose AD, cut Greenway ( or restructure and move to mlb), also cut Jennings, cut Robison.
That's a lot of FA money to upgrade the OL, WR, DB, and/or LB positions.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

IIsweet wrote:If Amari Cooper is there then absolutely take him. Probably a top 7pick though. I
Right now Kevin White, Jaelen Strong, Devante Parker are the other top WRs imo. Depending where we draft, I take any of them.
OL seems pretty deep so rd 2 OG Arie Kuondijo from 'Bama works for me, or either Florida State Guard.
I also think that we lose AD, cut Greenway ( or restructure and move to mlb), also cut Jennings, cut Robison.
That's a lot of FA money to upgrade the OL, WR, DB, and/or LB positions.
I don't think we cut ALL of those guys, but I agree. We could have an opportunity to really throw money at players that we think are worth big contracts.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I honestly think we need to trade down a few times and replace our OL
and trade or dump some players ...

Fire our OL and wide out coaches

On Oline would get rid of Charlie Johnson, Load holt and Kalil (if he can't get a shrink to help him, or something)

Keep Jennings, Wright and Johnson.. trade Patterson I think
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Waaaaaay too early to give up on CP!! WR is the hardest position to learn...kalil on the other hand is a waste of a roster spot at this point. His head has to roll, maybe it will wake up the others who are slouchers.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

jackal wrote:I honestly think we need to trade down a few times and replace our OL
and trade or dump some players ...

Fire our OL and wide out coaches

On Oline would get rid of Charlie Johnson, Load holt and Kalil (if he can't get a shrink to help him, or something)

Keep Jennings, Wright and Johnson.. trade Patterson I think
There is no way I'd get rid of Loadholt right now, and I would keep CP of Jennings without a moments hesitation. Jennings has 150 yards and 2 TDs more, but he's also 8 years older. CP at least has a chance of getting better, where Jennings is what he is, and he doesn't possess a very different skillset than Wright does.