Matt Kalil

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Matt Kalil

Post by frosted »

It sounds like Kalil had a run in with a fan today after the game, arguing with said fan after the fan criticized him for his play. Kalil allegedly flipped the fans hat off his head, and the fan threw his hat at Kalil. The fan was then arrested.

I assume there will be more coming on this, I'll post a link when Goessling with ESPN picks up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Matt Kalil

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Oh boyyyy..... :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

dude you make millions, you can take little negative feedback, if this is true ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

There's also an article of him ducking the reporters because he was on the phone. Not that it's a big deal really. His play however is!
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

he should be cut from the team and should forfeit all of his paychecks this year. #### him
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Orion wrote:he should be cut from the team and should forfeit all of his paychecks this year. #### him
Dude woah. Relax
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Orion wrote:he should be cut from the team and should forfeit all of his paychecks this year. #### him
OK this is a bit over the top, but there are some serious questions that need to be raised about Kalil. He seems like he's weak minded, getting upset at a fan, seriously? He's a top 4 overall pick and making millions. If he doesn't have the mental toughness to take some criticism from a (most likely) drunk fan, how can he take the taunts of a good DE?

Need to focus on LT this offseason. #1 priority IMHO.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Bench him for the rest of the season, let him try and get his head right. And maybe get physically 100% if his knee is still bothering him. He's a liability to the team, and especially to his QB right now.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I don't understand why he hasn't been benched. His play is worse than any lineman I have ever seen.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I don't understand why he hasn't been benched. His play is worse than any lineman I have ever seen.
Couldn't agree more. Even Charlie Johnson played a better LT in 2011
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

This guy is killing our offense. I can't believe how bad he's been.
Dirtyswabby
Starter

Post by Dirtyswabby »

If your getting flagged for holding on the O-line its because your getting beat. He really needs to figure this out. If not we will be using a high pick on the LT position again
Representing the Vikings In Raleigh, NC
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Souhan: Kalil avoids media, but not controversy
Kalil may have cost his team seven points with his penalties. He also is the highest-profile player on an offensive line that has not played up to expectations the past two seasons.

Worse for him, now that Christian Ponder is on the bench, Kalil has become the Vikings’ most prominent draft bust and fan punch line.

Here’s the biggest problem with Kalil being a problem: He is unaffiliated with a solution.

The only backup offensive tackle active for the Vikings on Sunday was Mike Harris. Harris, like Kalil, entered the NFL in 2012. Harris went undrafted, then was cut by the Chargers.

Is there any reason to believe that Mike Harris is better than even a struggling Kalil?

Eleven games into a lost season, the Vikings have little choice but to treat Kalil like one of their important rookies. Give him five games to display improvement. Heading into the offseason, threaten him with the career-altering ramifications of playing badly.
More at the link.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:Souhan: Kalil avoids media, but not controversy
More at the link.
Is Mike Harris any good? I don't know much about him, but can he really be much worse than what Kalil has been recently.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Superfreak84 wrote: Couldn't agree more. Even Charlie Johnson played a better LT in 2011
Kalil has been terrible but let's not go too far here. Johnson was disgusting
-Chazz Palminteri