Matt Kalil

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Matt Kalil

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: No way Rice would make this team better. He was on a rapid decline before he was suspended. I would take McKinnon or Banyard or even Tate before him
It was a joke. I don't even think Rice would have Vet leadership for the team. But the 2 of them might make the team better, but not by much. And certainly not worth the negative publicity for another year. But neither Banyard or Tate have a lot of experience. Anyways, to be clear, I don't want either of those clowns on this team. Nor do I want a huge dose of Asiata. Unless he is near the goaline. He's a good running and receiving threat there.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

chicagopurple wrote:the "current line".....Sulley hasnt been around this season, obviously his performance isnt a part of this year. Loadholt is the only guy on the current line that seems untouchable.
I don't know how or where you would look up the score of an offensive line, but I bet Sully is top 5 in the NFC. Phil has done nothing but improve this year. Johnson and Kalil are the problems, and not leaving a FB/HB/TE in next to Teddy at all times. And when they are there, they wiff, like AD did. I want to see a lot more Felton in the games, esp. on Sunday.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: I don't know how or where you would look up the score of an offensive line, but I bet Sully is top 5 in the NFC. Phil has done nothing but improve this year. Johnson and Kalil are the problems, and not leaving a FB/HB/TE in next to Teddy at all times. And when they are there, they wiff, like AD did. I want to see a lot more Felton in the games, esp. on Sunday.
Agreed. Sully is as reliable as it gets. Phil has been pretty reliable and has been healthy up until last week. Fusco is a good, young lineman. If Spielman can find a way to repair the left side, I think you will see a drastic change in offensive line play
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Maybe Mike Tice will come back to coach the O-line? Tice, Cable and Sparano are the best in the biz, it seems. I prefer Cable, but they need to lure someone over to coach these guys. Specifically Kalil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 4ecaedbca3

Kalil interview. Outside of his hold yesterday, I think he's been playing much better the past few games.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Wild Bill
Transition Player

Post by Wild Bill »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 4ecaedbca3

Kalil interview. Outside of his hold yesterday, I think he's been playing much better the past few games.

I may have to agree with you. I have been down on him a lot seeing penalties and sacks too often. I don't notice him as much during a game (good thing) as I used to . LT is a very hard spot any mistake shows up glaringly especially if no TE on his side (common) I guess I still would not mind some competition for him in next training camp but feel slightly better about him.
Wild Bill
"Sometimes We Live No Particular Way But Our Own"...Hunter,Garcia
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Wild Bill wrote:
I may have to agree with you. I have been down on him a lot seeing penalties and sacks too often. I don't notice him as much during a game (good thing) as I used to . LT is a very hard spot any mistake shows up glaringly especially if no TE on his side (common) I guess I still would not mind some competition for him in next training camp but feel slightly better about him.
I agree. I mean he was lined up against Ansah again on Sunday and Ansah had 1 tackle.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Kalil will be just fine. Some nagging physical and mental problems (no he is not crazy :wink: ) no doubt, but I see him coming back stronger than ever, sooner than later :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Wild Bill
Transition Player

Post by Wild Bill »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I agree. I mean he was lined up against Ansah again on Sunday and Ansah had 1 tackle.

Good point about only giving up 1 tackle I didn't know that. I don't remember being able to blame any of the sacks on him either anybody else? If he can improve and we get healthy theOline could be a strength soon. I think in general recent years have shown better run blocking than pass protection.
Wild Bill
"Sometimes We Live No Particular Way But Our Own"...Hunter,Garcia