Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread Week 12

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Superfreak84
Veteran

Re: Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread Week 12

Post by Superfreak84 »

Welsh Vike wrote: 86yards so far. Not great, but not really a 'total joke'.
Total #### joke dude!
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

There weren't too many people who thought this game would be close - Vikings showed up to play and showed they have potential.
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

Purple Reign wrote:There weren't too many people who thought this game would be close - Vikings showed up to play and showed they have potential.
Doesn't #### matter. You're suppose to win. This is the big leagues
sneaxsneax
Veteran

Post by sneaxsneax »

We have been just barley lossing for a few seasons now. It shows nothing. The Packers went into prevent defense after going up 11 with 8 to go.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Teddy's INT the difference in the game. 4-7. I don't think we are even get to 6 wins this year.
We just played the red hot Packers to a 3 point game and held one of the best QBs in check. Not sure how you could think that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

me4get wrote:Just once I'd like to see an illegal assist called.
It's only illegal if a teammate aids the runner by pulling him forward or picking him up and carrying him forward. Pushing from behind is legal.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Purple Reign wrote:There weren't too many people who thought this game would be close - Vikings showed up to play and showed they have potential.
Yeah, Vikes kept the Packers in check most of the game, and offensively there are signs things are starting to come around.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Man there is a lot of bitterness on here right now
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

sneaxsneax wrote:We have been just barley lossing for a few seasons now. It shows nothing. The Packers went into prevent defense after going up 11 with 8 to go.
Prevent defense by blitzing? I don't think it was prevent.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Man there is a lot of bitterness on here right now
"Right now"? It's here all the time. I've never fully understood it. I guess everyone handles the emotional swings of football fandom differently.

I didn't get to actually see too much of the game but from what I saw and heard, the Vikes left a few too many opportunities on the table. At least they were competitive but they still ended up 4-7 and they don't have a divisional win yet. The most disappointing thing to me is that the defense couldn't stop GB's running game at the end when it counted.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

How'd the game thread go this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Superfreak84 wrote: Doesn't #### matter. You're suppose to win. This is the big leagues

Good, then you don't have to come back here.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Rough game.

*Xavier Rhodes and Harrison Smith continue to look like the foundation of a secondary that can be relied on for years. Josh Robinson got back to playing good football, too.
*Charles Johnson is looking like a nice pickup. He's not going to be a number one guy, which we still desperately need, but he is definitely an asset.
*Kyle Rudolph played hard. It was nice to have him back, even if he isn't 100% yet.
*Cordarrelle Patterson clearly isn't healthy, but he was giving everything he had on the field.
*Our D-Line played well. They were left to get the pressure and send everybody else in coverage for most of the day, and they did well.
*Our D as a whole was good enough to win.

-Teddy thinks his receivers are all as tall as Megatron. HIT THE CHEST, DUDE.
-It would help if we had a consistent threat in the passing game.
-Matt Kalil. 'Nuff said.
-Chad Greenway continually looks like he's done.
-Our Run defense looks wretched.

It's hard to be too upset since we stopped the massacre that so many were predicting, but it's still very disappointing. This is another loss that has false promise. We held Tom Brady to under 150 yards and 1 TD. We stopped Brees for going over 300 at home in the first time since the middle of 2012. Close but not good enough has been the story against elite QBs this season. This is a fanbase that really needs something to embrace, and since Peterson left the field after St. Louis, there hasn't been much.
sneaxsneax
Veteran

Post by sneaxsneax »

TSonn wrote: Prevent defense by blitzing? I don't think it was prevent.
They blitzed in the red zone, they were giving us checkdowns the whole drive.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: "Right now"? It's here all the time. I've never fully understood it. I guess everyone handles the emotional swings of football fandom differently.

I didn't get to actually see too much of the game but from what I saw and heard, the Vikes left a few too many opportunities on the table. At least they were competitive but they still ended up 4-7 and they don't have a divisional win yet. The most disappointing thing to me is that the defense couldn't stop GB's running game at the end when it counted.
Yeah, but the defense played really well today. I'm astounded at how good our coverage was today. Rhodes is becoming a shutdown corner. Rodgers threw at him a few times in the first half and basically gave up. Rodgers' elusiveness was the difference today. The Vikes covered well, and the D-line got pressure, but Rodgers kept so many plays alive with his feet. It's true we didn't stop Lacy at the end, but it's unfair to judge the defense based on that. One first down, and it was over.

The offense wasn't great, but at least they finished drives when they got to the red zone. Teddy is simply misfiring on too many wide-open guys. He's showing a lot of poise and pocket presence, but the accuracy needs to improve. He left some big plays on the field today that could have been the difference. Also, his interception was an absolutely terrible throw that gave Green Bay great field position, which they converted into a touchdown.

In all, a much better performance against the hottest team in the league. But ... still a loss.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.