This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

Post by Purple Reign »

PacificNorseWest wrote:I can't stand Aaron Rodgers.

That is all.
I doubt you would say that if he played for the Vikings. You can't deny he is one of the best qbs in the league.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purple Reign wrote: I doubt you would say that if he played for the Vikings. You can't deny he is one of the best qbs in the league.
Is that such a shock? Welcome to sports man. They're our biggest rival, and Rodgers is their best player. It's pretty natural to despise your rivals best player, even if you have a great amount of respect for the player. No one is denying he is one of the best (for my money, the very best) quarterback in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

frosted wrote: Is that such a shock? Welcome to sports man. They're our biggest rival, and Rodgers is their best player. It's pretty natural to despise your rivals best player, even if you have a great amount of respect for the player. No one is denying he is one of the best (for my money, the very best) quarterback in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really a shock, I just think it's a little harsh to say you can't stand someone just because they are good and aren't playing for your team. I've never thought I couldn't stand someone just because they were good - I would say that is more envy. Maybe it's just me, but if I say I can't stand someone, then I definitely don't respect them either. But yes, I do understand rivalries and emotions run high against our biggest rival.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Purple Reign wrote: I doubt you would say that if he played for the Vikings. You can't deny he is one of the best qbs in the league.
?

I will admit that Favre became my favorite QB when he was still with Packers and long before he joined the Vikings, but I cannot say the same for Rodgers. He truly gets on my nerves.

I'm not blinded by my dislike because I know he's the best in the game, but I still can't stand him and hope to goodness that Griffin and co. knock that smug and #### eating grin off his Mr. Potato Head-looking face of his.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

PacificNorseWest wrote: ?

I will admit that Favre became my favorite QB when he was still with Packers and long before he joined the Vikings, but I cannot say the same for Rodgers. He truly gets on my nerves.

I'm not blinded by my dislike because I know he's the best in the game, but I still can't stand him and hope to goodness that Griffin and co. knock that smug and #### eating grin off his Mr. Potato Head-looking face of his.

I understand exactly what you mean, Rodgers is an arrogant, smug ####, or at least thats how he comes off.

But I truly doubt I will ever despise a player as much as that whiny hillbilly choker, Brett Favre. The hate is strong in this one.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

I've already crossed this season off but the best thing we can do is to impede the packers from winning the division.

#### rodgers and every packers fan
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Raptorman wrote:Well, The talking heads give the Vikings zero chance to win. Well not really zero. 1 person picked the Vikings to win. 1 out of 114 that have made a pick so far.

Feeling good about this game!

http://nflpickwatch.com/
Well the one guy who picked the Vikings to win has now changed his pick to the Packers. So, know one thinks the Vikings can win. However, in Vegas, the line has gone from the Vikings being a 10.5 underdog to a 9 point underdog.

Still feeling good. If the Vikings win only one more game this year, let it be this one. Let's it screw up the Packer tie breaker with the Lions.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

DKSweets wrote:I predict we lose by a TD or less. And at this point, it would be like kissing a really hot step sister.
Pucker up, boys.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

DKSweets wrote:Pucker up, boys.
Love the Lost reference - one of my all time favorite shows.
greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Jeez, those Packer fans are pricks... but was it really necessary to post that crap from the New Orleans game? We don't need to re-live that. There was no reason to quote that message.

Packers 38
Vikings 7
Wouldn't stop a Bears Fan

That is if there are still any left! :rofl:
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?