PHP's "All-Out" Full Mock Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: PHP's

Post by losperros »

Great job as always, PHP! Such an interesting read.

And DeVante Parker? I would do a back flip if the Vikings drafted him! He does everything well as a WR.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: PHP's

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

losperros wrote:Great job as always, PHP! Such an interesting read.

And DeVante Parker? I would do a back flip if the Vikings drafted him! He does everything well as a WR.
Thanks!! I agree about Parker. He is a legitimate #1 that can do it all and the familiarity with Teddy makes him a must-draft IMO.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Superfreak84
Veteran

Re: PHP's "All-Out" Full Mock Offseason

Post by Superfreak84 »

I like this prediction a lot. Especially with the first round! Nice work.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I will probably do it today because we just got bombed with snow in New York so in turn, I get the day off from work :rock:
You upstate? Were all dry down in Catskill, cold as hell but not much snow.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Purpnation wrote: You upstate? Were all dry down in Catskill, cold as hell but not much snow.
Yes I am. Watertown to be exact. It's been a complete whiteout outside all day
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

PurpleHalo wrote:I would puke if they used another 1st round pick on an offensive lineman. 1st round is where you find stud playmakers, you get the line in subsequent rounds, where the 1st round speed and agility are not available.
Nah we DESPERATELY need OL help and I would love it if the Vikings could pick up 2 quality OL this offseason as PHP's mock shows. As long as they don't reach I'd love a LT in the 1st.

The only negative comment I would have is Taylor Kelly. I know it's a 7th rounder so probably a wasted pick, but that dude is awful IMHO. I live in AZ and have watched most of the sun devil games and I just don't think he's a good QB, he shouldn't even be starting....Bercovice should be starting

Other than that :rock: :rock:
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

One more comment, I hope your guy Parker is available at 32 because if the Vikes trade with the Cardinals, that's where they'll be drafting :D
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingPaul73 wrote:One more comment, I hope your guy Parker is available at 32 because if the Vikes trade with the Cardinals, that's where they'll be drafting :D
Hmmmm, you live in Arizona and think the Cardinals will be picking 32nd.... Closet Cardinals fan? :lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Collins seems a lot like Harrison Smith, which obviously isn't a bad thing but I'm not sure if Zimmer's defense needs two similar safeties. Smith comes up in the box quite a bit, I think a solid free safety might be a better fit with Smith. In Frazier's cover-2 the roles of the two safeties were not all that different, I don't think that's the case with Zimmer's defense.

Admittedly I haven't watched as much college ball as I would have liked this year, what's the latest on that big receiver out of Stanford? I know at the beginning of the year there was a lot of buzz but haven't heard much lately.
iowaviking12
Rookie

Post by iowaviking12 »

Iowa fan here, and I don't think Scherff can Play LT at the next level. He has been hurt this year, but he struggles against speed rushers, and lacks the arm length. Would be a good guard though.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

iowaviking12 wrote:Iowa fan here, and I don't think Scherff can Play LT at the next level. He has been hurt this year, but he struggles against speed rushers, and lacks the arm length. Would be a good guard though.
Big Hawkeyes fan also. I think you might be right about LT. The speed of NFL RDE is incredible.
As far RT or even OG, he seems to have that Nasty streak.
Regardless, he would be a huge upgrade over Kalil or Johnson !
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote: Big Hawkeyes fan also. I think you might be right about LT. The speed of NFL RDE is incredible.
As far RT or even OG, he seems to have that Nasty streak.
Regardless, he would be a huge upgrade over Kalil or Johnson !
Appreciate the feedback guys! The thing I like about Scerff the most is his ability to play both spots and yes his mean streak
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I say that he may not be able to play it, but he has the foot speed. He is a beast in the weight room.
I think that he would be an upgrade over Kalil, but Kalil is the more prototype LT. If Kalil would figure it out and we took Scherff and played him at LG, that could be a formidable left side of the line.
I would be great with the pick regardless
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Btw, love your offseason plan. I would love KJ Wright, Gilchrist, and I think you nailed a great draft.
With the emergence of Charles Johnson, adding Parker, and moving Jennings to the slot would be unreal. Maybe Patterson can get into the slot too and take over for Jennings.
I really like the Johnson pick and adding Gunter for depth is huge.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote:Btw, love your offseason plan. I would love KJ Wright, Gilchrist, and I think you nailed a great draft.
With the emergence of Charles Johnson, adding Parker, and moving Jennings to the slot would be unreal. Maybe Patterson can get into the slot too and take over for Jennings.
I really like the Johnson pick and adding Gunter for depth is huge.
Thanks man I appreciate the feedback
-Chazz Palminteri