The Wilfs

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

The Wilfs

Post by Orion »

Is there any way they can be fired or replaced.

I'm convinced we will never win a super bowl as long as they own the team.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: The Wilfs

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I don't agree nor disgaree, but is there a reason why you feel so strongly about this?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Right, the owners are the problem.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Orion wrote:Is there any way they can be fired or replaced.

I'm convinced we will never win a super bowl as long as they own the team.
Wow any idea of how to fire the OWNER :confused:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

They have no problem spending money and they got us a new stadium. What more could you want?
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

maembe wrote:They have no problem spending money and they got us a new stadium. What more could you want?
For them to hire a competent GM
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

maembe wrote:They have no problem spending money and they got us a new stadium. What more could you want?
They left a huge chunk of change for the taxpayers. Maybe if they wearnt in legal problems, and paying their lawyers huge amounts of money, they could have thrown in a few hundred more million I guess. No one find it funny we had better teams with Red as the owner. Meathead got fired with a 9-7 records, right there on the field. That's got class written all over it. And look at the HC's and GM the Wilfs have gotten us. They know zero about football. And the Wilf's were going to install discipline to the team. Have Childress clean house. How has that worked for them?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I cant believe people are blaming the owners for the poor play. This board sucks after bad losses. If it weren't for them the Vikings would probably be gone by now but yeah lets blam them for the performance. Get a freaking clue people.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I cant believe people are blaming the owners for the poor play. This board sucks after bad losses. If it weren't for them the Vikings would probably be gone by now but yeah lets blam them for the performance. Get a freaking clue people.
Like the Wilfs are the only owners capable of getting a new stadium? Maybe an owner other then Ziggy might know a thing or 2 about football, and whats needed in a gm? Chill out man.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

VikingPaul73 wrote: For them to hire a competent GM
Which teams in your mind have a competent GM?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

maembe wrote: Which teams in your mind have a competent GM?
For starters, not the Vikings.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: For starters, not the Vikings.
Based on what?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: For starters, not the Vikings.
The least you could so is answer the question. You constantly complain about the Vikings GM. Here's your chance to do more than complain. Why not point to some examples of what you think the Vikes should be looking for at that position?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mothman wrote: The least you could so is answer the question. You constantly complain about the Vikings GM. Here's your chance to do more than complain. Why not point to some examples of what you think the Vikes should be looking for at that position?
Our record. Our lack of talent at certain areas that have needed upgrades for YEARS. The fact he flunked out of both the Bears and Dolphins organizations, but when it came time to cleaning house here in MN, the Wilfs gave him an upgrade, and didn't can him too. Everything wasn't Childress's and Fraizer's fault. They have to find the right players and that's on Rick. And once again, we don't. Has his contract been extended yet? Or does he have another year? I like winning records. I don't think they just fall out the sky. I don't think Rick has done a things to help us. But, lets give him a few more years to get it right. Is that enough of an example of trying to explain the complaining I do here? Or do you feel Rick deserves a raise for what hes done to the Vikings since his days with Childress?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Our record. Our lack of talent at certain areas that have needed upgrades for YEARS. The fact he flunked out of both the Bears and Dolphins organizations, but when it came time to cleaning house here in MN, the Wilfs gave him an upgrade, and didn't can him too. Everything wasn't Childress's and Fraizer's fault. They have to find the right players and that's on Rick. And once again, we don't. Has his contract been extended yet? Or does he have another year? I like winning records. I don't think they just fall out the sky. I don't think Rick has done a things to help us. But, lets give him a few more years to get it right. Is that enough of an example of trying to explain the complaining I do here? Or do you feel Rick deserves a raise for what hes done to the Vikings since his days with Childress?
All you did was complain more! You still didn't answer the question, which was "Which teams in your mind have a competent GM?"