Don't Worry

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Don't Worry

Post by frosted »

Fellas, it looks like it got pretty emotional around here yesterday. Those gosh darned game day threads.

Things are never as good as they seem when you're flush.

Things are never as bad as they seem when you're down.

We're 10 games into a new coaching regime. Watching it play out could wind up being pure misery or it could cause great joy. Only thing we can do right now is just that, let it play out.

Cheers!
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Don't Worry

Post by losperros »

You're basically right. It's just that it's difficult to be patient - again.

I really can't wait for the Vikings to finally be winners. Year after year it's always something.

But onto next week!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

:thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

losperros wrote:You're basically right. It's just that it's difficult to be patient - again.

I really can't wait for the Vikings to finally be winners. Year after year it's always something.

But onto next week!
I agree. It's a struggle, without a doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:You're basically right. It's just that it's difficult to be patient - again.

That sums it up. All we can do is wait and hope.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Wasn't posting on VMB during the game, but I'm sure I would have been right there with everyone.

Frustrating to pretty much be out of the race by week 12 most years. So much football left to be played, yet, the most Vikings fans can cheer for is improvement and building momentum going into next year.

It's not even Thanksgiving and the Vikings have sapped my desire to watch football the rest of the regular season.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

But onto next week!

Against the Packers! Oh great...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Against the Packers! Oh great...
Oh, that's right! Yeah, great...
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Wasn't posting on VMB during the game, but I'm sure I would have been right there with everyone.

Frustrating to pretty much be out of the race by week 12 most years. So much football left to be played, yet, the most Vikings fans can cheer for is improvement and building momentum going into next year.

It's not even Thanksgiving and the Vikings have sapped my desire to watch football the rest of the regular season.
Hey. The pressure of the playoffs is gone. Now we can just sit back and watch our young players improve throughout the rest of the season.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

How many 'next years' will there be? How many more times will we just be 'a few players away?' Sick and tired of it. What are we now, 2-12 or something at Soldier Field since 2000? Down-right unacceptable. It is a damn stadium. It should not effect our team in the way it does, but, year after year, the result is the same.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:How many 'next years' will there be? How many more times will we just be 'a few players away?' Sick and tired of it. What are we now, 2-12 or something at Soldier Field since 2000? Down-right unacceptable. It is a damn stadium. It should not effect our team in the way it does, but, year after year, the result is the same.
That's because the stadium isn't the problem.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Mothman wrote: That's because the stadium isn't the problem.
That was my point. Year after year, superior Viking teams lose at Soldier Field. It never seems to go right when we play there. I get tired of watching it.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: That was my point. Year after year, superior Viking teams lose at Soldier Field. It never seems to go right when we play there. I get tired of watching it.
I don't think our team is actually superior to the Bears, not this year at least. YMMV.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

You do realize people have been saying don't worry for 20 years (at least). It's kind of as tiring as, keep your chin up. Fans will be fans, no matter what. When teams regress, as they have done with the Wilf era, there's a fundamental problem that isn't being fixed. So yeah, maybe you should be worried.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:You do realize people have been saying don't worry for 20 years (at least). It's kind of as tiring as, keep your chin up. Fans will be fans, no matter what. When teams regress, as they have done with the Wilf era, there's a fundamental problem that isn't being fixed. So yeah, maybe you should be worried.
Oh, sorry. I just meant, whether it goes good or bad, fighting each other tooth and nail on VMB isn't going to change the outcome.

My bad.
Last edited by frosted on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.