Don't Worry

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Time to Panic

Post by frosted »

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Don't Worry

Post by soflavike »

A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

frosted wrote: Oh, sorry. I just meant, whether it goes good or bad, fighting each other tooth and nail on VMB isn't going to change the outcome.

My bad.
No worries.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I am drawing a line in the sand ...

I have been watching since 92 faithfully ...

Next year if the Vikings aren't at least in the radar and able to win, or push teams
for a win, in half there games, I'm done!

Every game that they come out and flop; will remove two good games, from the quota the must fill.

So basically they must be a decent team, by next year; anything less and I am done with football, or finding
another team.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:I am drawing a line in the sand ...

I have been watching since 92 faithfully ...

Next year if the Vikings aren't at least in the radar and able to win, or push teams
for a win, in half there games, I'm done!
Haven't they done that this year? Heck, it seems to me this is the third year in a row they've done it. Think about it:

They're 4-6 now. They lost to Buffalo in the final seconds of that game. Consequently, they've either won or pushed for a win in at least half of their games this season.

Last year, they finished 5-10-1. A tie obviously means they were competitive and had a chance to win so that's 6 out of 16 games. They lost in the final minute against Dallas, Cleveland and Chicago so that's at least 9 games in which they won or pushed their opponent and were close to a win.

They had a winning record in 2012 so that needs no explanation.

:confused:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

yeah but the Detroit and Last weeks game would void 4 games from what I am looking at next year.

Basically I want them to come out and play at least decent every week with maybe a really pooch screw or two
in the mix.

last week we have what two drives with two or more first downs ?? And one of those was the special teams drive play..
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

this week was just hard to stomach because they left the entire offense back in Minneapolis and did so against a defense that has been getting shredded every week. I didnt care too much if we lost, but I expected to see the Vikes take advantage of on of the worst secondaries in the league....they failed to do so in an epic fashion.

Now, THIS week I fully expect a complete and utter butt-whipping to be laid upon us by the Pack. Our secondary should be shredded like mini-wheat. TB will likely look just as shocked and skittish as last Sunday....but this is more expected then it was against the pitiful and internally divided Bears.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

This team has underperformed for years. We had a good year when we got Farve (and yet everyone hates Childress for getting us so close, and then leaving us basically talentless). We almost had a SB, and ALOT of teams take a while to recover after a SB. We also had a good year when AD put the team on his back and rushed like a mad man. That's it. And I don't see us loaded with talent right now. So if your looking for average, the Vikings are your team. If your looking for an above average team, it isn't the Vikings, and by the look of things, it wont be for years. By which time we will have switched up coaches, again. :wallbang:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:yeah but the Detroit and Last weeks game would void 4 games from what I am looking at next year.

Basically I want them to come out and play at least decent every week with maybe a really pooch screw or two
in the mix.

last week we have what two drives with two or more first downs ?? And one of those was the special teams drive play..
So, if I understand you correctly it's more about how you perceive the quality of their performance than it is about winning or keeping it close. Do I have that right?

I definitely want to see a consistently better quality of football from the Vikings... and soon.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

chicagopurple wrote:this week was just hard to stomach because they left the entire offense back in Minneapolis and did so against a defense that has been getting shredded every week. I didnt care too much if we lost, but I expected to see the Vikes take advantage of on of the worst secondaries in the league....they failed to do so in an epic fashion.

Now, THIS week I fully expect a complete and utter butt-whipping to be laid upon us by the Pack. Our secondary should be shredded like mini-wheat. TB will likely look just as shocked and skittish as last Sunday....but this is more expected then it was against the pitiful and internally divided Bears.
I didn't think he looked shocked and skittish. I was not happy that we did not challenge that horrendous secondary deep. I do not remember a single deep pass in the first half. Matter of fat I only remember a couple of 20 yarders all game and I think they were completions. Now I did have a house full of Bear fans and I got a little likkered up so maybe it happened and I didn't see it.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

mmvikes wrote: I didn't think he looked shocked and skittish. I was not happy that we did not challenge that horrendous secondary deep. I do not remember a single deep pass in the first half. Matter of fat I only remember a couple of 20 yarders all game and I think they were completions. Now I did have a house full of Bear fans and I got a little likkered up so maybe it happened and I didn't see it.
I am also expecting a smackdown this week.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

So, if I understand you correctly it's more about how you perceive the quality of their performance than it is about winning or keeping it close. Do I have that right?

I definitely want to see a consistently better quality of football from the Vikings... and soon.
I just want the team to have heart and fight... The bills game was a frustrating loss but the team fought hard, I don't mind that....

Against the bears the offense took no chances, and the pass rush was pathetic, to say the least...

I didn't see it but we had two chances with a wide out break open in the secondary and we checked down instead,...

A check down is not a bad last resort.. but you have to score points when you get the chance

If our OL can't fight hard... sit them or dump them... I want guys knocking defenders on there buts and giving Teddy 4-5 seconds to
pass the ball.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Yeah the Bills and then the Bears has me so utterly frustrated, I even more negative then usual. We can only hope it changes. But one ray of light may be Teddy. He has such a weak line, and so few targets who can get open, that he can only get better. I may show up at Rick's house if he doesn't draft, or make a deal, for a WR like Parker. For those of you who haven't seen much of him this year, he was like Evans was to JFB. Hes what CP should be. There aernt really any flaws in his game. It is so sad to think, that when the overpaid Jennings goes, Wright is going to be our vet WR.....