Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

Post by Purple Reign »

Have to say that not only did the Viking's pass rush disappoint me Sunday, they also prevented me from winning a trip to Cancun. :(

My name was drawn at a promotion and I won tickets to the Vikings/Washington game a couple weeks ago, which also qualified me as a finalist for the Cancun trip they were giving away. To win the trip, we played Vingo (a bingo game with various types of plays like a rush td, run of 20+ yards, interception, etc. for the squares instead of numbers) during the Bears game. The first 2 to get a bingo during the game won the tickets. All I needed to get one of the tickets was a sack by the Vikings in the first half. I figured with the Viking's pass rush recently and the Bear's porous offensive line I had a good shot at winning - but I guess I should have known better. :lol:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Purple Reign wrote: Any reasoning other than a gut feeling? You had a feeling we would struggle against the Bears (who have looked horrible their past 2 games) but don't see us struggling against the Packers? I don't see any reason to believe this week's game will be anything but a blow out. GB is really in a groove right now both offensively and defensively and we can't score very many points against anybody, so I really don't see this being a close game unless Rodgers gets hurt.
Only what i mentioned before. I thought they were finding a groove and thought the break would affect them more negatively than anything else. Not saying this was the case. Just a feeling. I agree that GB is playing at a very high level right now. It's very likely that the score will be lopsided. I just think the Vikings will be better prepared mentally and could catch Greenbay off guard. Maybe just wishful thinking.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

Post by DK Sweets »

I predicted that the Bears would beat us last week because I thought they would be hungry and we would be a bit complacent. I think that line of thinking will translate to this game, too. After the way the division games have gone for us this year, and the way the Packers have been playing lately, I think it's highly likely that the game this week is decided by whoever scores last.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:I predicted that the Bears would beat us last week because I thought they would be hungry and we would be a bit complacent. I think that line of thinking will translate to this game, too. After the way the division games have gone for us this year, and the way the Packers have been playing lately, I think it's highly likely that the game this week is decided by whoever scores last.
I just hope that isn't because the Vikes put up 9 points in the first half and then get blown out when Green Bay continues scoring throughout the rest of the game. ;)
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DKSweets wrote:I predicted that the Bears would beat us last week because I thought they would be hungry and we would be a bit complacent. I think that line of thinking will translate to this game, too. After the way the division games have gone for us this year, and the way the Packers have been playing lately, I think it's highly likely that the game this week is decided by whoever scores last.
Yeah, this one will not be a nail biter.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

LOL. Yes, the Pack will score first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth , ninth, and last.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Tough crowd...
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

DKSweets wrote:Tough crowd...
But you are the one who set them up. :lol:
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote: Perhaps but it's not just a question of technique. He was facing players with a significant physical advantage over him and that does matter. Brandon Marshall is at least 5+ inches taller and probably 30+ lbs. heavier than Robinson. That's not an easy disadvantage to overcome.
http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikin ... on-rodgers

FWIW:
The 5-foot-10 cornerback was at a disadvantage against Chicago's pair of big receivers (Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall) on Sunday, but he refused to pin Sunday's game on the height difference, even though he appeared to be in good position on a number of Jay Cutler's throws.

After watching the film of the Bears game, Robinson said there was more he could have done against Jeffery and Marshall. "You can't change (the height), but you can change different things, as far as your technique," Robinson said. "(It's) point of contact, driving on routes faster, recognizing things. They ran everything we expected them to run. There were only three plays in the entire game we didn't expect."

The third-year cornerback has made strides in his third season, but was targeted 15 times against the Bears. He'll try to use what he learned from that game to prepare for Rodgers, and the times he sees Nelson, on Sunday.

"It wasn't all jump balls. It wasn't all about height," Robinson said. "I don't blame my height for them catching passes. I blame me not doing my job. I can do my job against those types of receivers. I've been 5-foot-10 all my life. I can't expect to grow a couple inches every time I play tall receivers. What I can do is play my technique and keep playing."
This is kind of what I was getting at in my posts in this thread.