Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

Post by yezzir »

Good morning and Skol!

Prediction: Vikings 30, Bears 18

Let the boos rain down on Soldier Field!!
Last edited by yezzir on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 10

Post by frosted »

Skol! Reminder to everyone to get your Pick4 picks in if you'd like to play!

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/view ... hp?t=27945

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

27 Vikings
17 Bears
nfcnorthchamps25
Backup

Post by nfcnorthchamps25 »

Why is this game on cbs? It's two nfc teams shouldnt it be on fox? Kind of annoys me because I don't get cbs here. Gonna have to watch the game at the gym.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

nfcnorthchamps25 wrote:Why is this game on cbs? It's two nfc teams shouldnt it be on fox? Kind of annoys me because I don't get cbs here. Gonna have to watch the game at the gym.
There's a new agreement this year that allows CBS and FOX to "flex" games from one network to the other.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I'm off to the game in a little while. I hope I don't freeze ... these cold mid-November games are almost worse than the cold December games because there hasn't been much time to acclimate to the freezing weather.

I'm not sure what to expect today. I'm obviously hoping for a Vikes victory but as bad as the Bears have been the last two games, I'm actually expecting them to play well today. I think this game could be a nail-biter (and that will be tough to do while wearing gloves!).

Hopefully, the Vikes will break their streak of bad luck at Soldier Field and win. :smilevike:

Enjoy the game!
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Have fun Jim.

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote:I'm off to the game in a little while. I hope I don't freeze ... these cold mid-November games are almost worse than the cold December games because there hasn't been much time to acclimate to the freezing weather.

I'm not sure what to expect today. I'm obviously hoping for a Vikes victory but as bad as the Bears have been the last two games, I'm actually expecting them to play well today. I think this game could be a nail-biter (and that will be tough to do while wearing gloves!).

Hopefully, the Vikes will break their streak of bad luck at Soldier Field and win. :smilevike:

Enjoy the game!
Have a great time and let's hope to break the ice (pun intended) and win at their home field :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:I'm off to the game in a little while. I hope I don't freeze ... these cold mid-November games are almost worse than the cold December games because there hasn't been much time to acclimate to the freezing weather.

Enjoy the game!

This game to me seems like the type that will be decided by the style of the 1st quarter. My best case is that the Vikings come out efficient on offense (putting up points in their first 3 possessions) and overpowering on defense. Worst case would be us shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and mistakes until the Bears get rolling. I just cant see the Bears coming out firing on all cylinders.

Personally I hope we crush them. Not because I hate the Bears but mostly just the curiosity of what exactly will be the Bears organizational response to getting destroyed 3 weeks in a row.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Enjoy the game!
I have fun Jim. Hopefully, Minnesota wins there this year. I still cannot believe it has been seven years since our last victory at Soldier Field. It seems like yesterday that Peterson returned that kickoff 65 yards to set up Ryan Longwell for the game winner... Time flies.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Bears Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Not a mention of KR returning today. Wonder how big a role he will play, going forward.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Enjoy the game!
Well, hopefully you bring the Vikings good luck at the spaceship today. Cold weather games didn't use to be too bad when you could bring a thermos of Hot cider or Hot chocolate in to Soldier field with you, and smuggle in Captain Morgans or Schnapps to mix and keep warm, but those days are gone.
I would be happy to see bad Jay today. That can happen if our D comes out and starts whuppin Jay right off the bat. we can't afford another slow start with the defense.
Enjoy the game.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

Bear fans will find this game unbearable to watch, meaning that Vikings fans will find it more than bearly watchable. What im trying to say is that Da Vikes not the Da Bears will lay bear the foundation of the impetus of the future of Viking football. The Vikes take the hair of the bear and tear the effin holy stuffin out of them. Vikes get burly and win by 30 points.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mossbutt wrote:Bear fans will find this game unbearable to watch, meaning that Vikings fans will find it more than bearly watchable. What im trying to say is that Da Vikes not the Da Bears will lay bear the foundation of the impetus of the future of Viking football. The Vikes take the hair of the bear and tear the effin holy stuffin out of them. Vikes get burly and win by 30 points.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Looks like a snow game