This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears

Post by Demi »

Orion wrote: not really, we have a bright future while all those teams have none.
Don't we always. :wallbang:

Hopefully with the coaching staff we have, that future will finally arrive, unlike the last decade. :smilevike:
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I think we will win this one. Bears are in turmoil
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Demi wrote: Don't we always. :wallbang:

Hopefully with the coaching staff we have, that future will finally arrive, unlike the last decade. :smilevike:

I agree. Save for the benefit of 2 once in a generation players and favre having arguably his best season ever....it's been at least a decade of suck compared to what Vikings fans had grown accustomed to.

It's hard not to be cynical or jaded in that respect. It's what happens to passion at times when expectations are continually thwarted by mind boggling ineptitude.

This coaching staff is promising for the most part.

Lets see some them be consistent on the field.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Laserman wrote:I think we will win this one. Bears are in turmoil
I really like the matchup between our D-Line and their O-Line, and I think our LBs will do well against Bennett and Forte. I do not love our CBs against their WRs, although I think Rhodes will contain whoever he is matched up against and Smith is always a great neutralizer. Bonus points for us: the only way their receivers can do damage is if Cutler plays well. ... :rofl:

On Offense, I don't like our Passing offense against anybody right now, but the Bears aren't exactly the worst team to have to pass against.. I think Asiata and McKinnon (if healthy) will be able to get respectable, yet unspectacular, numbers.

I'm quite certain that we're not gonna drop 50 on them, and I don't like how hungry the Bears will probably be. I just don't think they've mailed it in like some people suspect, and with 5 of their next 6 games are at home, they still have a chance to turn this around and save some jobs. If we give them and their fans a chance to say "Hey, we really can win this game", Soldier Field could become as bad of an environment as it always is. Remember, as bad as the Bears have been recently, they're still only one game behind us.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

DKSweets wrote:I really like the matchup between our D-Line and their O-Line, and I think our LBs will do well against Bennett and Forte. I do not love our CBs against their WRs, although I think Rhodes will contain whoever he is matched up against and Smith is always a great neutralizer. Bonus points for us: the only way their receivers can do damage is if Cutler plays well. ... :rofl:

On Offense, I don't like our Passing offense against anybody right now, but the Bears aren't exactly the worst team to have to pass against.. I think Asiata and McKinnon (if healthy) will be able to get respectable, yet unspectacular, numbers.

I'm quite certain that we're not gonna drop 50 on them, and I don't like how hungry the Bears will probably be. I just don't think they've mailed it in like some people suspect, and with 5 of their next 6 games are at home, they still have a chance to turn this around and save some jobs. If we give them and their fans a chance to say "Hey, we really can win this game", Soldier Field could become as bad of an environment as it always is. Remember, as bad as the Bears have been recently, they're still only one game behind us.
I agree with your assesment and would add the obvious, that the Vike's pass rush and pressure on Cutler, will more than make up for any shortcomings with their db matchups and the Bears very good receiving corp.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I can't blame them since they haven't seen us yet this year, but a lot of bears fans seem to have us confused with the Vikings of the last few years. I'm not saying we're world beaters, but what they are envisioning is a very different team than the one they will facing this week.

Also not sure why they think their team is strong on paper. They have good skill position players but beyond that they are not an impressive group. It was clear to see that their defense, which was terrible last year, was even weaker this year. They couldn't stop the run and they replace Julius Peppers with Jared Allen? Other than Fuller their defense is a complete mess of injured, over the hill, and never was players.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

DKSweets wrote: This one hurts...
I've noticed that no one is really talking about the Vikings. ESPN, NFLN, people. Even the Raiders and Jags get more air time simply because they're epically bad and that seems to draw more attention than mediocrity.The only time Minnesota gets mentioned, it seems, is when there are talks about AP.

I really don't mind it though. Back-to-back wins these next two weeks and suddnely Minnesota is right back in the thick of the playoff race.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: I've noticed that no one is really talking about the Vikings. ESPN, NFLN, people. Even the Raiders and Jags get more air time simply because they're epically bad and that seems to draw more attention than mediocrity.The only time Minnesota gets mentioned, it seems, is when there are talks about AP.

I really don't mind it though. Back-to-back wins these next two weeks and suddnely Minnesota is right back in the thick of the playoff race.
we could get back to back wins these next two weeks and all the media will focus on is what's wrong with the Bears and Packers. It just the way things seem to be going this season, we get absolutely no attention unless it has to do with AP, and I guess mild interest as to how Teddy would do early on. Just as an example, the lowly Raiders star rookie defender, Khalil Mack is getting way more attention for DROY then Anthony Barr, who has actually outplayed Mack on a better defense and a better team. Yet Barr only gets the odd mention referring to his fumble recovery against TB.
LA Viking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by LA Viking »

Anyone been to Soldier Field? I'm going tomorrow (living in Chicago for grad school), but trying to decide if it's worth it to drive or take the L. And if I drive, does traffic usually suck (i.e, allow an hour from Lakeview)?

Skol Vikings! :rock:
The difference between men is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

LA Viking wrote:Anyone been to Soldier Field? I'm going tomorrow (living in Chicago for grad school), but trying to decide if it's worth it to drive or take the L. And if I drive, does traffic usually suck (i.e, allow an hour from Lakeview)?

Skol Vikings! :rock:
Traffic gets congested near the field but parking is the bigger problem. It's expensive and I think lots near the field require a coupon. You can park in the Millenium Park garage and then catch a bus from there to the game but in the end, you're better off taking the L.

Have fun!

Jim
LA Viking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by LA Viking »

Mothman wrote: Traffic gets congested near the field but parking is the bigger problem. It's expensive and I think lots near the field require a coupon. You can park in the Millenium Park garage and then catch a bus from there to the game but in the end, you're better off taking the L.

Have fun!

Jim
Thanks Jim!
The difference between men is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
Dirtyswabby
Starter

Post by Dirtyswabby »

Not here to say I told you so, but I told you so.... :rofl:
Representing the Vikings In Raleigh, NC