Culpepper-Moss highlights

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Culpepper-Moss highlights

Post by dead_poet »

Just because.

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Culpepper-Moss highlights

Post by frosted »

That never gets old for me. Just a reminder to everyone, 30 for 30 on Randy premieres tomorrow night at 7PM CST on ESPN.

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Ahhhhh I could watch these alllll day 8)
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Ahhhhh I could watch these alllll day 8)
Agreed - there has never been another like Moss. People can say what they want about these two players, but that combination put the fear of God into opposing defensive backs/defensive coordinators. There was simply no one player that could cover him consistently, and combined with Daunte's ability to move and get the ball waaaaay down field - game over.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

How can Jim not like Randy Moss?? 8)

Seriously, what a cannon Culpepper had. I miss those Moss days. Screw McCombs for trading him and screw Childress for releasing him.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:How can Jim not like Randy Moss?? 8)

Seriously, what a cannon Culpepper had. I miss those Moss days. Screw McCombs for trading him and screw Childress for releasing him.
"The saddest thing in life is wasted potential".

Despite how good he was, this is the legacy of Randy Moss to me. Wasted potential.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

fiestavike wrote: "The saddest thing in life is wasted potential".

Despite how good he was, this is the legacy of Randy Moss to me. Wasted potential.
Crap attitude, crap teammate, amazing talent, but the guy is an arrogant punk that doesn't deserve a ring, especially before the team that drafted him gets one. Thank the lord the Pats and Niners choked his rings away. :lol:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:How can Jim not like Randy Moss?? 8)

I loved watching him play when he actually gave the effort and at one point, I was enough of a fan to invest in a Moss jersey. It's not as if I didn't appreciate what he could do and I still enjoy the highlights. It was the lowlights that soured me on him. He could and should have been a star for the Vikes for his entire career and he screwed that up. The same can be said for Peterson now. It sucks, although there's one big difference between Moss and Peterson: I've never seen the latter give anything less than 100% on the field.

Anyway, I love the highlights. Moss was thrilling to watch and he gave us some great memories.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

fiestavike wrote: "The saddest thing in life is wasted potential".

Yeah you're right. He could've tried for a nobel peace prize or something instead of playing the silly game of football. Myself, i would kill for a nobel peace prize.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Old, incredible highlights are greatness, and also painful. They just remind me of the curse and the pain Vikes fans have always freakin' had! It's all good though, I've still got 45 years left on this Earth. Maybe that will be long enough, or maybe not!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mossbutt wrote: Yeah you're right. He could've tried for a nobel peace prize or something instead of playing the silly game of football. Myself, i would kill for a nobel peace prize.
He could have actually given effort and not hung his teammates out to dry when things weren't going well. I saw him do things that were unforgivable as a teammate. I'll never forget watching him not even run his routes when the team was losing.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

Maybe after running long all day long he took a couple plays off. Wasted potential though? He's only one of the top receivers ever to play statistically.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

he is the best receiver to ever step on the field. he is faster and bigger than rice, and didn't have 2 of the best qb's ever throwing to him in his prime. what was it? johnson, cunningham, george, bouman, ferotte, and culpepper? how good was culpepper after he left moss? brian billick puts it best in this video, "we've never seen a combination of those four elements before, and I doubt we ever will again."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... Randy-Moss
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Those clips make me want to cry alone in my apartment.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

mosscarter wrote:he is the best receiver to ever step on the field. he is faster and bigger than rice, and didn't have 2 of the best qb's ever throwing to him in his prime. what was it? johnson, cunningham, george, bouman, ferotte, and culpepper? how good was culpepper after he left moss? brian billick puts it best in this video, "we've never seen a combination of those four elements before, and I doubt we ever will again."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... Randy-Moss

Correction, he COULD HAVE been the best WR to ever step on the field, if his attitude wasn't complete ####. That is what sets him and Rice apart, Randy is a moron.