Looking ahead at the schedules

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Looking ahead at the schedules

Post by Orion »

oldskoolvikingfan wrote:Detroit 8-8: loses to Miami, Arizona, New England, vikings, packers, and @ bears.

Packers: loses to eagles, vikings, patriots, buffalo, also a good chance they lose to atlanta or @ tampa. lets just say 9-7.

Vikings with adrian peterson and rudolph: 10-6. We win all of the games except for Miami.

Cant wait to see the offense with adrian peterson back in it! We put up 34 against St. Louis and they beat Seattle and 49ers. Also we put up close to 30 points a game last year with you know who at qb.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

frosted wrote:I'm thinking we wind up 8-8, give or take a game. Should be at least 7-9, maybe as good as 9-7. Maybe.
As much as I love my Vikings. I think the above prediction is the most realistic.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote:That's an area where I still lack confidence. It's going take more than just that performance in the second half against Washington to convince me their scoring problems are over. Hopefully, their offense will have a great game @Chicago after the bye.
My confidence stems a lot more from Adrian and Rudolph returning than the previous game, although that performance doesn't hurt.
I'm not sure what you mean. The game is in Detroit.
:gone:
Pretend that didn't happen.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:My confidence stems a lot more from Adrian and Rudolph returning than the previous game, although that performance doesn't hurt.
I understand. I'm not sure how to factor Peterson in just yet. I'm concerned about how Goodell will handle that situation (and the Wilfs too, for that matter).
I'm not sure what you mean. The game is in Detroit.
:gone:
Pretend that didn't happen.[/quote]

:lol: Consider it done.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:I'm not sure how to factor Peterson in just yet. I'm concerned about how Goodell will handle that situation (and the Wilfs too, for that matter).

You couldn't be more right. Peterson's future in the NFL depends on Goodell's mindset. Even if Peterson is reinstated, he still has to get past the Wilfs.

Regarding Goodell, he could use Peterson as some kind of statement. He's been scrambling to salvage the NFL's questionable moral status on a number of issues.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

losperros wrote:
You couldn't be more right. Peterson's future in the NFL depends on Goodell's mindset. Even if Peterson is reinstated, he still has to get past the Wilfs.

Regarding Goodell, he could use Peterson as some kind of statement. He's been scrambling to salvage the NFL's questionable moral status on a number of issues.
And Goodell might just want Peterson back on the field, our sales and ratings have probably taken a big dive without him out there. For every "I can't watch him in purple ever again but will anyway once he's back" mindset out there, there's 10x more people that want to watch one of the greatest of all time play football and a lot of them actually aren't in Minnesota or even Vikings fans.

I'm in Oklahoma right now, where Peterson went to college and he has TONS of fans that would watch him play but aren't watching the Vikings right now. I'm sure it's the same in Texas where he was born / grew up.

I dunno, I guess personally I feel like 9 weeks is more than Goodell would have suspended him for anyway, that's more than half the season, I would have thought he'd get 8 games. Maybe he just donates his salary the rest of the year to charity and we call it done with.
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

Boon wrote:That 4th and 20 :wallbang:
I've had nightmares about this. Seriously, if we don't make the playoffs I hope we're out weeks before the season ends. If we miss the playoffs because of the Bills lose, I'll have a tough time accepting the offseason.
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: As much as I love my Vikings. I think the above prediction is the most realistic.
With Peterson I think the Lions game is more realistic. The only reason we lost was our lack of offense. We have Stafford's number. The only really challenging games are the Pack. But honestly, if we don't win in Chicago after the bye, we're not really a team that should be thinking about the playoffs
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Superfreak84 wrote: With Peterson I think the Lions game is more realistic. The only reason we lost was our lack of offense. We have Stafford's number. The only really challenging games are the Pack. But honestly, if we don't win in Chicago after the bye, we're not really a team that should be thinking about the playoffs
I agree that our chances with Detroit are better with Peterson, but Detroit will more than likely have Megatron and Bush back, plus the Lions are always tougher at home so I think those factors more than offset Peterson. Chicago you just never know - they can put up a lot of points and division games are always tough. Miami is also improving, so I think there are more challenging games ahead than just the Pack.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Purple Reign wrote: With Peterson I think the Lions game is more realistic. The only reason we lost was our lack of offense. We have Stafford's number. The only really challenging games are the Pack. But honestly, if we don't win in Chicago after the bye, we're not really a team that should be thinking about the playoffs
I agree that our chances with Detroit are better with Peterson, but Detroit will more than likely have Megatron and Bush back, plus the Lions are always tougher at home so I think those factors more than offset Peterson. Chicago you just never know - they can put up a lot of points and division games are always tough. Miami is also improving, so I think there are more challenging games ahead than just the Pack.[/quote]

I agree, though I think we will take down the Lions, the Miami game us going to be a real rest, that is a good team, and I think they are going to prove it by whipping on Detroit this Sunday.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I think the outcome at Soldier Field will be a clear indicator. Every game is a must win playoff-wise, but that next game is going to have a playoff atmosphere. Division rival that is struggling to right itself, outdoors where they haven't won in forever...a win there would be a huge success for this group.

ON the road in Detroit will be rough too.

It's not playoffs or bust for this team and staff anyway...so, it's really just a process of these guys getting more consistent and improving.

it'd be cool to see them go on a run and take the division...but I see them being a little to green yet.

8-8
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

If this team gets to 10 wins, playoffs or not i'll attempt to do a backflip, and i've never done one
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Boon wrote:If this team gets to 10 wins, playoffs or not i'll attempt to do a backflip, and i've never done one

Be sure to video it and show it to us. Oh, and can I be in your will? :D
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Hmm was Detroit supposed to be a gimmie?
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I personally think that 9-7 would be the highest I'd hope for.

Bears: Win
Packers: Lose
Panthers: Win
Jets: Win
Lions: Lose
Dolphins: Win
Bears: Lose

I could easily see us dropping one of those or winning one more though.